PDA

View Full Version : Wheel stud conversion questions

SnowwhiteMerc
08-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Hey, thinking about doing a wheel stud conversion to my c43, the questions that i have are....

1.Do i have to worry about how much thread amount get screwed into the actual hub, reason being is because I think i heard in the past some about parking break cables or springs can be damage if the stud is inserted to much?

2. I know this one sounds dumb, but since i have wheels that are 5x114, if i get wheel stud conversion that goes from 12x1.5 to 14x1.5 will those extra 2mm make up for the difference and fit a 5x114 wheel perfect?

Vetruck
08-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Studs have a collar on them so they only go so deep. I use semi-perminant Loctite thread locker on the studs into the hubs.

No the wheel bolt pattern does not increase with larger diameter wheelstuds. The pattern is measured from stud bolt circle centerline. You would need to use wheel adapters from one bolt pattern to the next. This will probably give you too much offset from hub centerline and wheel well as well as put more pressure on the outside wheel bearing which is bad and can cause failure.