PDA

View Full Version : H&r swaybar

koko202
09-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Hello guys, yesterday my mechanic was installing my front and rear swaybars and told me he had an issuse with the front. It is touching the oil pan. Have any of you guys ran into this prob? I also thought he might of put it upsidedown but he says it won't fit if that was the case. I am gonna make some spacers and see if it fixes the gap issue. If you have any more ideas let me know thanks.

Vetruck
09-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Wont fit on a c220 unless you remove the col start injection pump.

kowalski
09-21-2014, 12:02 PM
did you get the correct swaybar kit for w202?
if it's made for c43, it must fit perfectly.

contact seller why you have problems fitting it upfront?

RemoLexi
09-21-2014, 12:26 PM
I remember a while ago the brackets that bolt to the chassis need to be switched from one side to the other and bolt them up backwards!

koko202
09-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Thank you ill try that!

koko202
09-21-2014, 12:39 PM
I bought them from tire rack its yhe one for the c43 I double chrcked the part number just incase they sent out the wrong ones.

Vetruck
09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Your front bar if a 28mm option should be stamped part # 70749-2

kowalski
09-22-2014, 02:32 AM
are these h&r swaybars sturdier than factory versions?
is it the same diameter front/rear as factory ones?
any difference in steel quality between h&r and factory verions, any of these being hollow or full solid steel bars?

did you compare thickness between factory front/rear bars and h&r's?

koko202
09-22-2014, 07:41 AM
These are way thicker than factory. The quality is just as good as factory. It has a nice coat on the bar. I was driving it, on average low speed corner you wont know tgeir there but once you take a fast turn above 40 mph you can feel the difference. Its like a go cart. It doesnt allow the car dip in like it used to. It stays solid to the floor all four corners. I highly recomend it to someone who likes to go out in canyons or track.

kowalski
09-22-2014, 10:08 AM
These are way thicker than factory. The quality is just as good as factory. It has a nice coat on the bar. I was driving it, on average low speed corner you wont know tgeir there but once you take a fast turn above 40 mph you can feel the difference. Its like a go cart. It doesnt allow the car dip in like it used to. It stays solid to the floor all four corners. I highly recomend it to someone who likes to go out in canyons or track.

you had problems with installing front swaybar, what did your tech do to fit it right, did he flip the brackets upside down or backwards, or did he put left side bracket on right side and the other on the left side?

for rear swaybar fitting, did he have to drop the square suspension support on rear axle?
sorry foggot the name of this part

koko202
09-22-2014, 02:10 PM
The rear bars fit perfectly although he had to drop the rear subframe to replace it. As for the front hes gonna add 1/2 in spacers where the mounts bolt up to. It should give it plenty of space between the bar and oilpan.

kowalski
09-23-2014, 01:14 AM
The rear bars fit perfectly although he had to drop the rear subframe to replace it. As for the front hes gonna add 1/2 in spacers where the mounts bolt up to. It should give it plenty of space between the bar and oilpan.

½ spacers were they included in the package?
or did he use aftermarket washers of the shelf spacing out from oilpan?

can you measure diameter on factory swaybars?
are they both the same diameter 28/18mm - front/rear?

Vetruck
09-24-2014, 10:32 AM
From your review sayng how flat the car corners like a go kart- it sounds like you have them both installed- yet you then say the front one is not on because it does not clear the oil pan?

Kowalski- I measured mine and the stock rear bar was 12mm now is 18mm. My stock front bar was 22mm, now is 26. I chose the smaller of the two H&R bars because I have V8 springs on my 4 cylinder car up front. Even though the car locked up dramatically from the stock OEm setup (springs and bars) the car still rolls compared to a race car type performance. I can;t imagine what you guys with the heavier 6cyl and 8cyl engines suffer from. The roll centers on these cars are terrible. I even have Koni sports maxed on Rebound settings which is much firmer anti roll then Bilstein valving is. I would hardly say this car is a go kart, but Im certain my is far more agile then other here due to the lighter front end and heavier proportioned springs. On a scale of 1-10, If my car was a 1 (that bad) and a BMW M3 is a 5, I would put mine at a 7 right now. I am building braces as we speak to further support the subframe that is flexing so unelieviblely bad I feel like I am going to break it when I press it hard into a corner and I feel the load kinking it. It will bobble flex all the way through a 1g corner and makes the car a handful on edge in a high speed sweeper, but it does have grip. just hard to control grip right now. It will easily out corner an M3 but without driving skills it would bite the average driver right now ad put it off the road side if not skilled. Im glad I have a light weight version of these cars because the chassis sucks. i should have a brace built int he next week at most for at least the rear, then I will build somthing for the front also because they need it.

kowalski
09-24-2014, 11:56 AM
@ vetruck

hey buddy, i was looking for the H&R front/rear swaybar package in europe, these seem not to be available for my C43.
i find this very strange?
wonder why only US market is available for these bars?

koko202
09-24-2014, 12:04 PM
No i had the fronts installed while touching the pan. Yeah i might have exaggerated a little by sayin its like a go cart but compared to stock its a big difference. Also the v8 feels pretty light compared to other v8s. Overall im happy with the results.

Vetruck
09-24-2014, 01:09 PM
@ vetruck

hey buddy, i was looking for the H&R front/rear swaybar package in europe, these seem not to be available for my C43.
i find this very strange?
wonder why only US market is available for these bars?

I really find that strange you guys in European areas would not have these because of your more stringent chassis laws. I know there is a lot of parts you guys can not change like brakes etc because of regular vehicle safety inspections and OEM equipment requirements. They probably do not want someone putting on lets say jsut a larger rear bar and imbalancing the car so it would be way loose at lets say Autobaun speeds. Only reason I can think of. A matched set of properly installed sway bars will only make a car safer in emergency response at higher speeds for controllability.

Only thing I can suggest is check Amazon.com and see if someone would ship to you at what cost.