PDA

View Full Version : Dump valve died!

Merloi202
10-02-2014, 03:46 AM
I didn't find anything on search so I started this thread.... Today I relocated my maf sensor, started the engine, rev once...everything worked just fine....and when I rev the 2nd time the dump valve stopped working.....it remains always open... And it doesn't build up boost. Is there any way to repair it? Or I need a new one? Ps. I disconnected the battery thinking that it will reset something....but nothing happened. Thanx for any answers....

Abbaso
10-02-2014, 06:19 AM
I didn't find anything on search so I started this thread.... Today I relocated my maf sensor, started the engine, rev once...everything worked just fine....and when I rev the 2nd time the dump valve stopped working.....it remains always open... And it doesn't build up boost. Is there any way to repair it? Or I need a new one? Ps. I disconnected the battery thinking that it will reset something....but nothing happened. Thanx for any answers....

Try getting the codes read first. Try removing the plug and refitting it. Or clean it with electrical contact cleaner

Merloi202
10-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Omg.....i finally discovered the problem. I installed the maf sensor in the wrong direction LOL!!!! everything works just fine now.... Btw....the maf relocation does a good job, much more linear power. Tnx!