PDA

View Full Version : Best Rims / Tire size to Modernize?

gibby913
12-24-2014, 07:22 AM
Hey all, I'm obviously new to the neighborhood. Now, I own a white 2000 C280 , completely stock. My wife complains it looks old manish, and I believe this is mostly due to the rims/tires. What rims matched with what tire size do you all recommend and can your post a pic of them and maybe a link where to buy?

To be clear I want a modernized look, but not a "gangsta" spinning rims type deal. I fairly like the rims on this car:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/1636276-fs-1997-w202-mercedes-c280.html

Thanks guys

Denlasoul
12-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Hi and welcome! I would suggest browsing the Members Gallery and see if there are any styles/setups that suit your taste.

You can also get a set of Monoblocks. �� click the link in my signature for an example.

Vetruck
12-25-2014, 10:56 AM
18s are best for decent ride quality still. Anything thinner is going to ride rough and most likely start looking ghetto depending on the ride height and application (there are exceptions)

I have 18x8.5 fronts and 18x9.5 rears on 215-40- 18/ 245-35-18 tires. No rubbing on fender lip nor on inner fender wall at full steering lock.

ironic you put up a picture of a Brabus- we are very rare. I probably have the only other Brabus w202 in the states other then the one you posted. These are the only two I know of. I however choose to go with a sacriligious hybrib using the Brabus bodykit and Lorinser LM6 fanblade wheels. I just love these wheels I could not find myself putting the Brabus ones on.2425

gibby913
12-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Vetruck that just gave me an instant hard on lol. j/k. Thats exactly what I'm looking for in rims. Where did you buy? And where did you get your body kit? Where can I get the body kit is the real question I suppose.........Thanks!

gibby913
12-29-2014, 10:30 AM
On another note......do you still have the brabus rims from the kit? I'll buy those off you too.....:-D

Vetruck
12-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Brabus stopped making these kits 15 years ago. The way there factory is set up they do not do re-runs of old parts, they tool there equipment for ever changing models and never look back. Im told that Lorinser keeps their old molds and will sometimes do re-runs in there factory (words straight from a Lorinser rep) You have to find a kit used- they are sought after.

Same goes for Brabus wheels. Thye are generally used from years. Most of the time you will only find a set with curb rash etc. I opted for new LM6 reproductions because I want new true ruims, not damaged ones, USArims is a decent source for OEM replica's