PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! HELP!! TRUNK STUCK SHUT EVERYTHING INSIDE! 2000 C230 Kompressor

C230_Kompressor
02-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Well guys as the title says.. Trunk is stuck shut... I was using it normally every day up to yesterday. I got out of school popped trunk with key and through my book bag in. Shut trunk and drove to work. (Only difference so far from any other day is the wind did catch the trunk and shut it quite hard.. % mins later got out and used the switch on the center console. Nothing happened. Which I thought nothing of turned car and tried again. Nothing. I then got out tried my button on the key... NOTHING! I then tried to use the manual key .. which doesn't even go into the lock all the way.

Nothing works. Trunk is stuck solid.. but no other issues with the car are happening. It is a 2000 C230 Kompressor. I checked fuse in the front (If i checked the right one) It was okay! I have removed seats as people were convinced there was an access point and said what the hell what do I have o loose and of course npthing. It is a full sheet of steel. I am out of ideas and need some help! THanks guys!!

Denlasoul
02-10-2015, 04:25 PM
insert the key and turn it while pushing the key and lock button inward

kowalski
02-11-2015, 12:16 PM
always keep the trunk cylinder greased with wd40 or something else.
these cylinder locks have a construction flaw!
during winter salt and other shiet will get into the lock and within a few years lock will not unlock with metal key
if you don't use the metal blade key fo many years, lock will eventually fukk up!
it's expensive to buy a new lock from stealership.

stealership sells a tiny plastic cap where you can insert it to the lock, it will keep all crap away forever.
get 2 of them, one for drivers door and the other for trunk lock.

if you have folding rear seats in your car, always keep one side unlocked from the trunk.
next time it will be easier to enter the trunk from rear seat if problems occur?

maybe your actuator/vaccum hose got loose, therefore your cabin switch can't pop the trunk?
does you switch lit up with a red dot when you try to pop the trunk?

try to follow the procedure Denlasoul recommended you to do

jnolte
02-25-2015, 12:59 AM
the trunk lock gets old and sticks, i had to use pliers on my key blade to get enough leverage to turn it , wd40 it and grease it and it might work, the key blade might also break in the lock!

C230_Kompressor
02-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it! Sadly original owner never took the precautions to keep the lock in working order. So I still cant use the lock with blade key. Stealership wants $614 CAD plus tax just for the new cylynder lock... :confused: Anyways I managed to use a 3 foot extension with a tooth scrapper ( ones dentist use to scrap teeth) and picked off the two I hook covers. I put the extension through the two small holes under the plastic medical box. Then unbolted the two bolts and trunk pulled open. To my surprise it was extremely heavy! As I could not see anything wrong and puting I hook into the trunk latch, my electric release was working fine?!

SO I removed to trunk liner after I retrieved all my stuff haha. Come to find the bracket holding the spring to the trunk arm had snapped off. As I did some research it tends to be a common issue.. Almost a effect as the all seem to break the exact same way. I managed to fabricate up a new bolt on bracket at my school and now she is working A 1! ...knock on wood.... My guess is with one side not assisted by a spring it had more weight on that side and jamming the release pin? Not sure but just happy I have fixed the problem... Now debating if I should beef up the other side.. again thanks for your replies and help guys!!

Thank you :)