PDA

View Full Version : stock 202 needs help...

steponit
11-10-2003, 10:29 PM
my stock '00 c230 kompressor is riding too high off the road, but i'm a rookie when it comes to modding. i asked some guys on the board about the C6 "sports package" i could get from the dealer and one of them mentioned a sports-tuned suspension. does anyone know if this is any lower than the Elegance model's suspension? or any suggestions on getting an 1inch drop? thanks.

Brabus
11-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Go aftermarket... I don't know if you can buy the "sports package" from the dealership anymore...

H&R Sport springs matched with Koni Shocks. Will cost about $1G total but it'll give you the nice ride height as well as excellent handling

Goldeni245
11-10-2003, 11:33 PM
the sport package only has sport shocks, the springs are the same as the regular, plus it has larger front sway bar. It does ride a bit more harsh/bumpy then your elegance, but yeah, it won't compare to hrspring/bilstein/koni shock set-up.

steponit
11-11-2003, 10:00 AM
are the H&R springs better than eibach? that's what it sounds like as i read through the boards.

Renn 208
11-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by steponit
are the H&R springs better than eibach? that's what it sounds like as i read through the boards.

That's a debate that could go back and forth for quite a bit. Although, I haven't seen anyone actually post on the spring rates for either. Well except for speedy, but he's using Eibach race springs.

There are a number of solutions out there but the most popular are either bilsten or koni shocks and H&R or Eibach springs.

If you're really cool and are serious about handling, then speedybenz's adjustable spring perch and race springs solution is for you....but that's a whole nother ball game.

DougandhisC280
11-11-2003, 12:11 PM
H&R springs can be found on Ebay for around 50 dollars sometimes. If not there are always some on there for a buy it now price of 200. Shocks are about 90 dollars a piece. I had all of my springs installed for 150. That should put you at about 300 dollars south of 1 grand.

jnolte
11-11-2003, 04:42 PM
That or you "caN" get your stock springs cut!:confused:

steponit
11-11-2003, 04:47 PM
how will they compare to H&Rs or Eibachs if i cut them?