PDA

View Full Version : Rear driver window and trunk help

benz43new
06-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Hello. I recently purchased a used 1999 c43. When I went to test drive it I noticed the center console rear driver window and trunk buttons didn't work and neither did the mirror switch. I took the center console out (so much gross crap in there) and then apart and there were a couple clips broken on the trunch button and mirror switch. Previous owner seemed to have tried glue but I cleaned all that crap out and used some duct tape to fix what I could. The mirror switch works now just need to force it in a couple positions but still works! The trunk button clip was also fixed and you could hear the plastic button pushing in the little switch on the circuit board but still does not work. The window button was fine and made connection to the buttons on the board.

I looked at the circuit board and it seemed pretty clean, no dried up spilt coffee or soda. Since both are in the lower left hand corner of that board I wonder if something there is fried. Going to have to take the door off and see if its the motor or something but for the trunk I have no other idea (luckily the key button and key itself still opens it)

Sorry for a long post. Still new here and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

benz43new
06-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Okay well took the trunk clip off again and tried to manually press the switch on the circuit board with a tie wrap while all hooked up to the car and it worked! Guess I need to fix the button a bit more. Now thinking the window must be a motor if the circuits fine.
Thanks

benz43new
06-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Can't seem to get the trunk plastic switch to make proper contact with the circuit switch. There's something that is puzzling me. Under where the trunk button goes there's a white round nub with a spring underneath it. I have no idea what it is for but it seems to be the problem stopping the button from its full range of motion and not being able to activate the circuit switch.
I know I may not be describing this problem the beat but any help or response would be great
Thanks