PDA

View Full Version : Hard time starting

vaspen
08-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Cranks 100% it's like the fuel pressure drops and has to rebuild I replaced the fpr last Lear and the pump although they did send me the 97? Pump it has a return line that my o.e didn't have I have it caped off I think that's my problem as I used vacuum cap as it was all I had last year ... Lol any other possible ideas
Initial start of the day is gold get it warm turn it off for Maby 30 min and it will crank for a good 10 ish seconds before starting
Or it will crank fine and have a real old/ slow startup like blup......blup...blup blupllllllllllllllllll( runing)

Capt
08-27-2015, 05:07 AM
Sounds like you could have the wrong pump for your car based on you having to "cap" off the return portion.

Another possible problem could be a flaky crank position sensor. Very common. It usually starts with the engine not starting but cranks perfectly fine. After the car sits for a bit it will start. Very cheap and simple fix.

I'd start with the correct pump first though...

vaspen
08-30-2015, 03:31 AM
Ran the car for a year with no issues with this pump it's for a pre facelift I believe
but I will replace my crank sensor
Would a bad crank sensor throw a code tho

John Jones Jr.
08-30-2015, 03:56 AM
If you've never replaced the crank sensor my advice is to do so regardless. They are cheap and take all of ten minutes work.

vaspen
08-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Yea probably will get it done needs balljoints pad and hub bearings need repacked sits behind the water thermostat correct? Mine's a 2000