PDA

View Full Version : LS swap questions

Rainbow_Dash
11-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Hey guys, I'm new, and I have a chance to pick up a cheap low mile c280.... and I was wondering if anyone has done an LS swap in one? I spent a few min on google looking and others have asked/mentioned doing the swap but I havent seen any USDM cars with the swap done. A few questions I have for you all is everything in the car controlled by CANBUS? IE will I have problems getting the gauge cluster to work for rpm, speed, fuel, temp, and etc? What about door locks and windows? Is that all CANBUS controlled? Or headlights/tails/indicators/wipers? And what do I need to do to put a clutch pedal in the car? I'm thinking SLK manual clutch parts?

I'm not worried about mounts/driveshaft/engine harness/cooling I can cover most of that on my own, its the actual Benz wiring I am worried about (Electronics is not my thing). Oh also, what about big brake upgrades? Something off an AMG I am guessing? I havent actually looked into brakes/suspension/rear end yet. But with a 400hp LS motor I am thinking the stock c280 stuff will be too weak to handle that. Anyway I thought you all might be able to help me! Thanks!

Dearlove
11-18-2015, 08:35 PM
what year?

Rainbow_Dash
11-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Its a 1998.... Man I kinda figured I'd get more responses than this by now lol.

Dearlove
11-21-2015, 04:57 PM
yes thats CAN bus