PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Issues

Slowbenz
12-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Hi All,
First post so don't hate me if this has been covered, but I could turn up no definitive answers through searches.
I have a '98 C43 AMG that I picked up in July with some minor issues(MAF, Trans Conductor Plate, warped front rotors). It sat until about a week ago, which allowed the battery to drain completely. I finally got it running and driving after a jump (key out when I hooked it up), and it was doing great. I got home last night and upon locking I noticed none of the lock pins moved. Upon further inspection I found that the central locking is not function (through the key fob or the central locking switch on dash). I also noticed that the seats air adjustments (which were functioning upon getting it going) are no longer functioning. Neither are the rear headrests. My question for you guys is how hard is it to replace the CL pump? or which fuses should I should look at?
Thanks in advance for any help I can get, and Merry Christmas Eve!

Slowbenz
12-27-2015, 02:00 AM
Possibly solved, however I need some education on 202 Vacuum systems. So Fuse #2 in the boot blew which stopped my central locking from fob and console, seat adjustments, and trunk actuator from functioning... Replacing the 30amp fuse solved the problem short term, however the rear passenger side lock refuses to open with the system. Possible leak or otherwise?

Slowbenz
12-27-2015, 02:24 AM
Bump