PDA

View Full Version : What are essential tools to own for maintenance of c280.

roughsmile
01-16-2016, 08:16 PM
I got a c280 for a steal and want to use it to learn how to work on cars. Tomorrow a friend is coming over to walk me through changing the shocks (kybs) and rotors + pads. I don't own a tool set and dont have access to one unless he comes over. Would there be any recommendation as to what are the basic tools I should have to take care of this car? Thanks.

millos22
01-17-2016, 05:34 PM
Sockets, wrench, long neck sockets, breaker bar, floor jack, jack stands, maybe some PB blaster to loosen bolts, clamps for the brake calipers. Check all your bushings, fluids, filters. My cabin air filter when i changed it was filled with dirt and leaves, the previous owner i guess never changed it.

millos22
01-17-2016, 05:35 PM
If you play your cards right and try to fix things on your yourself you will learn a lot thats how i learned how to take most of my car apart lol

wichipong
01-20-2016, 05:55 PM
TOOLS:
Decent set of hand tools: Wrenches, Sockets, Screwdrivers, Oil Filter Cap wrench
Air compressor
Floor Jack
Jack Stands
Wheel Choke
OBDII reader
Work light/s
Service Manuals
Gloves
etc

wichipong
01-20-2016, 05:55 PM
TOOLS:
Decent set of hand tools: Wrenches, Sockets, Screwdrivers, Oil Filter Cap wrench
Air compressor
Floor Jack
Jack Stands
Wheel Choke
OBDII reader
Work light/s
Service Manuals
Gloves
etc

roughsmile
01-22-2016, 05:14 AM
Thanks! Luckily the car came with the 1000 page manual. I just bought some sockets, wrenches and screwdrivers from harbor frieght. Also bought some white lithium grease, have to spray down the mono-wiper before we get snowed on in CT.