PDA

View Full Version : Dead battery

98Benzo
01-26-2016, 04:55 PM
My 1998 C230 is summer driven went to start up yesterday and seema battery is dead. Can't get into the car. The metal key inside the fob is suppose to open the door when battery is dead no? Key won't work in the door or trunk. Do I need to just call tow truck to open the door and give me a boost? Need help! Thanks in advance.

Cheers

vaspen
01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
if you can pop the hood or get to the alternator from below you can jump from those points to open trunk just ground to frame and positive line running to alternator
don't get why valet key wouldn't work in either door u try turning both ways ? lol

98Benzo
01-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeah key won't turn at all. Do these cars have some sort of a security lock out? I've used the key before to open the door so it makes no sense to me...probably get my buddy who has a tow truck to come with his tools to open the door.

kowalski
01-27-2016, 08:30 AM
bootlock is a crappy construction, if you never use your blade key, cylinder will jam and corrode inside.
lots of WD-40 and trying to wiggle the key inside might work, if not time to buy a new bootlock.
MB sells bootlock caps which you can insert for added protection, i have these on my car.

keep your locks greased with anti seize oil for long life function