PDA

View Full Version : Rear Window switches?

97C28O
03-15-2016, 06:03 PM
my center console window switches work for the rear windows so that means my rear window motors are OK.

What I noticed is that my rear windows switches does not light up when I have my headlights switched on (interior instrument lights turn on). The rear window switches does not work.

Is there a fuse I need to check? It is weird that BOTH rear window switches do not work.

sicelo
03-16-2016, 03:01 AM
it should say in the list of fuses which ones are related to windows. if not, look at the one for convenience module, as it is connected to them. but windows switches not working can also just be wiring problem .. at the hinges .. that's where they tend to break.

Abbaso
03-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Could it be the child lock switch for the rear windows on the centre console?

97C28O
04-01-2016, 11:49 AM
it should say in the list of fuses which ones are related to windows. if not, look at the one for convenience module, as it is connected to them. but windows switches not working can also just be wiring problem .. at the hinges .. that's where they tend to break.

I will check fuses. But if the wiring is broken, the windows should not work with the center console switches.

Could it be the child lock switch for the rear windows on the centre console?

The switch is not on child lock. Even with child lock on, with the car's headlights/dash lights being on, the rear window switches would be lit, but it is not.

Can you guys confirm the rear window switches light up?

sicelo
04-01-2016, 12:18 PM
switches do light up, yes. had not noticed the part about center console switches being able to control the rear windows, sorry.

in any case, at best we can only offer clues and suggestions. the real solution is in your hands :) remove the door coverings, and test the voltages for yourself. the wiring for the console switches and rear door switches all goes to the convenience module as previously explained. Let's just hope you don't have a fried convenience module (due to both windows stopping at the same time). You'll test and let us know :)