PDA

View Full Version : Euro Comand and RDS

nokia8860
11-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Noticed something today. The RDS on my radio is working different now. Before this week some stations would display their call letters. Now some are even scrolling the titles of the songs. But I notice my radio does not update the new song name.... also some stations are not accessible unless I turn off RDS.

I dunno whats wrong but just thought I would post. Stoopid bay area.

Renn 208
11-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Stoopid bay area.

That's the important part...all of the socal folks get the whole shabang. Pah!

aintME
11-13-2003, 06:30 PM
i noticed in my bros car that it takes a little while to update the artist/title..but, it DOES eventually update. i'm stuck w/ US COMAND :( you lucky bastards.

MBenzNL
11-14-2003, 10:27 PM
The radio won't update any info untill the broadcasting station changes the signals they broadcast...

If you have your PTY settings not set at all - your stationlist will not be displaying quiet a number of stations...don't know whether that is your problem Joey...

greetingz,

nokia8860
11-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MBenzNL

If you have your PTY settings not set at all - your stationlist will not be displaying quiet a number of stations...don't know whether that is your problem Joey...

greetingz,

Yeah its set to all. But its no biggie. I just notice like, ok this shows my age, 98.1 if RDS is off I can get it by my preset or keying in the station number. If RDS is on be it preset or keying in the number it reverts to KFOG for some strange reason.

I have no idea what these stations are doing as a few weeks ago they did not broadcast the music titles only some stations did the call letters. I really wish they would just forget the RDS and give me a TMS so that my comand will really work with updated traffic nfo.

Oh wells....

Steve, for the new SLK will the multi function 3 spoke wheel work/fit on the 202?