PDA

View Full Version : Shift lock cable problem?

MercedesBean
07-18-2016, 09:34 AM
After changing the flex discs on my c280 I noticed that I have damaged the housing of a cable that seems to be the cause why I cannot get my car out of park. Does anyone know the exact name of the part and where does it lead to? Some say it goes to the brake pedal, ignition or shifter. It looks just like this under the car attached to the rear of the transmission. Thanks!

Vetruck
07-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Hate to say this but I am starting to hate these cars more and more and can see why the resale is so cheap on them. mercedes parts are unreasonably hard to research. I had a little time and just tried looking up things for you and can not come up with anything substantial.

MercedesBean
07-25-2016, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the reply! I even contacted my local Mercedes dealership and they too had no idea what it was. I noticed that the cable moved when I presses the brake so now I know where it goes. I just bought some epoxy and repaired it. May not be a long term repair but it works for now. But you are right. This is not the first problem I had trouble finding information for this car. Parts are also getting hard to find and when I do they are pretty pricy for what they are and the parts don't last half as long as Asian luxury cars. I have a 04 sienna (not luxury by any means) with 500,000km and a 2010 rx350 with 330,000km and not ONCE in for repairs. My w202 has less than half of that and the amount of money I have to dump into this car is ridiculous. I won't say this will be my last Mercedes but it certainly is my last Mercedes older than 5 years. Thanks again