PDA

View Full Version : replacing MAF

mjulaw
10-28-2016, 05:03 AM
making sure i'm on the right track from people way smarter than me on this stuff:

- 95 C280
- car struggles with low end acceleration. much worse if i just crank and go. better but not great when i let it warm up for 5 or 10 min.
- recently took the MAF apart and cleaned it. firm believer in trial and error with the cheapest route first.
- i notice some improvement, but not a lot.
- ordered a bosch MAF from my local guy, will arrive today, putting it on saturday. about $250.

i've heard people talk about ebay knock-offs. am i correct in understanding that if it's a bosch, i'm good? or do i still need to look at the numbers? very reputable parts guy so i don't anticipate an issue. i'm assuming that the ebay knock-offs were brands other than bosch.

just acquired this recently (aug 2016) with only 75k miles and taking it step by step until it runs perfectly. already changed the valve cover gasket and plugs. i know what these cars are capable of, as i own one with 245k miles sitting at my mechanic's. it needs some work, then we are gonna donate it to someone in need.

andy_1100
12-09-2016, 02:41 PM
did this fixed your problem?