Three Point 6
11-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Success!

These specs are L & R

front camber -2.0 -1.8
toe 0.19 0.19

Rear camber -0.3!!! -0.5!!!
toe 0.22 0.25

The rears are slightly different due to the guy finding the right compromise in Camber vs. Toe. Every time you go one way with camber it throws the toe off or vice-versa. I am very pleased with the results in looks & in my case road noise from rear tires is lower now!

My rear toe was super bad, like -1.7. That combined with -2.2 camber was wreaking havoc on my tires & making alot of noise over 40mph. Luckily MB put toe adjustment in the rear enough to get it within spec! Also the factory Camber spec for rear is -0.2 to -0.5 so I am now within spec.

I am still using #3 pads in rear & would like to possibly goto #1's to level out my car for looks. I would like to see camber & toe specs on a #1 padded car using my same springs (H&R sport) to see if its at all possible to retain good toe#'s. I can tell a HUGE difference in how the car steers on the freeway now. I guess my rear toe was bad enough so the car was always wanting to go straight even though I was turning the wheel? Now the car has quicker 'off-center' steering response. A more direct tire contact patch may be helping that too?

It looks so much better now with the wheel top hugging the fender.

All we need now is a solution for the front & I heard K-mac doesnt cut it? Come on Jeff, show us some light!

speedybenz
11-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I am working on it. Patience Grasshopper!

Jeff