PDA

View Full Version : A eBay finding I felt I should share with you guys...

structure
11-14-2003, 08:42 PM
(I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL THIS ITEM AT ALL. I JUST FELT THIS MAYBE AN UPGRADE PEOPLE WANT BUT CAN'T BUY FOR UNDER $1000.00)

I was searching around eBay and came across a rare finding.
Original Bosch EUROPEAN XENON headlights/headlamps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2443049517

http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/e9/66/c0_1.JPG

nokia8860
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Just a note. If anyone that does decided to bid on this please email the seller to comfirm that he is including the ballast.

OEM ballast run around 300 each.

Also eurospec and us spec hids are all the same for the w202.

Denlasoul
11-14-2003, 09:55 PM
I emailed the seller. Waiting on a reply before considering to bid.

I think the seller is from "Bekkers."

MBenzNL
11-14-2003, 10:25 PM
ballast units won't be included...and there is a euro versus US difference (city light bulb with contact pin in the back of the housing)...

greetingz,

VaC280
11-15-2003, 04:35 AM
Is there a difference in the lens between US and Euro. I know that the beam pattern is different (better!!) on the regular Euro lights, is this the same for the Xenon too??

Renn 208
11-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by VaC280
Is there a difference in the lens between US and Euro. I know that the beam pattern is different (better!!) on the regular Euro lights, is this the same for the Xenon too??

Why is it better, functionally speaking?

nokia8860
11-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
ballast units won't be included...and there is a euro versus US difference (city light bulb with contact pin in the back of the housing)...

greetingz,

hahah ok if you count that as being difference then ok. :p

as far as the glass in front goes, this is for the other post. they are the same euro/us. even the ones steve help me get from santa klaus had DOT stamp'd on the glass.

VaC280
11-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Why is it better, functionally speaking?

I like the beam pattern on the E- code regular lamps, it is just sharper. I did not know if there was a difference between the euro and us spec xenons, I guess there is not any.

Goldeni245
11-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Hmm, i might wanna jump in on this. I already have after market xenons so i don't need the bulb, ballast and all that stuff.

It's just pissin' me off that the aftermarket xenons paired with halogen housings creates a crummy beam pattern.

my after market xenons would fit this right?? after all these are H7 housings? with the same type of clip, headlight hole that are found on the halogen housings?

J Irwan
11-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Goldeni245
Hmm, i might wanna jump in on this. I already have after market xenons so i don't need the bulb, ballast and all that stuff.

It's just pissin' me off that the aftermarket xenons paired with halogen housings creates a crummy beam pattern.

my after market xenons would fit this right?? after all these are H7 housings? with the same type of clip, headlight hole that are found on the halogen housings?

If you decided to get this then I'd sell your 6000K kit.

The reason is that from the housing to the ballast it uses special connection, and I am not sure if the connection is the same with your 6000K

Basically there are 2 main connector on the HID housing: one goes to the car electricall harness, and the other one goes to the ballast itself.

Regardz,

nokia8860
11-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Goldeni245: Shoulda listened to me when i said just by the real hid system. :(

Enough members, including myself, have done every route of hid and ended up just buying oem. Listen to the people that have done the testing already. We're not coming up with stuff out of our ass ya know.

Goldeni245
11-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Hmm, this does look very different from the H7 hole where the bulb goes in. I don't even see a clip that attaches the bulb to the hole!

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/e8/2f/57_1.JPG

J Irwan
11-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Hmm, this does look very different from the H7 hole where the bulb goes in. I don't even see a clip that attaches the bulb to the hole!

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/e8/2f/57_1.JPG

The concern is not that connector !!!
that is the bud of the connector that connect to the bulb it self (H7 type)

however look at this yellow circlle
that connect to the ballast and I think it's either has 4 or 3 pin I don;t remember

the red circle goes to the car electrical harness..

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADLAq4SL1H!hj5Rz4Z0SeHy4aXKMD0ECSKXk5WfMZNGO4hlr WQkjZUvcCybC508aNziyY62*Te51oJxFjgOsuL9whyBMffvzoz LAgBwlBk/light.JPG

PS: I am not sure if the 4100K ballast can handle 6000K bulb..and vice versa ..???
Regardz,

Goldeni245
11-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Ohhhh, no I was thinking of not plugging in any of the wires into the harness anyways. I was just going to use the lense itself.

My aftermarket xenons are powered by a whole other source in the engine, not by the headlight harness. I just need to know if the bulb itself will fit into the headlight assembly and get locked in by the retaining clip.

J Irwan
11-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Ohhhh, no I was thinking of not plugging in any of the wires into the harness anyways. I was just going to use the lense itself.

My aftermarket xenons are powered by a whole other source in the engine, not by the headlight harness. I just need to know if the bulb itself will fit into the headlight assembly and get locked in by the retaining clip.

The biggest factor is the shape of the reflector not just the lense..between HID housing vs Halogen housing.

I'd suggest you search on the internet about Halogen vs HID.

I came across couple good websites before with good explanation, but I didn't bookmark it :(

Regardz,

Luwin1026
11-17-2003, 07:57 AM

Do it once, shoulda have done it right!!! ;)

Hank
11-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Luwin1026
Do it once, shoulda have done it right!!! ;)

*Piaa Xtremes are friggin hard*

Goldeni245
11-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Hank
*Piaa Xtremes are friggin hard*

They were...until i saw the difference in these Xenons haha.

Somebody take those off me!! They are pretty "hard" for halogens.

gr8t1hex
11-28-2003, 04:53 AM
hey guys I won these on ebay and they were a complete kit with ballasts. Instalation is pretty easy except I had to modify the strip that goes under the headlight. I had to trim it down about 3/4 of an inch becuase the xenon housing is a little different. My question for those of you who know is does this kit have that electronic adjustment or vaccum adjustment or none at all? Thanks for any info.

J Irwan
11-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by gr8t1hex
hey guys I won these on ebay and they were a complete kit with ballasts. Instalation is pretty easy except I had to modify the strip that goes under the headlight. I had to trim it down about 3/4 of an inch becuase the xenon housing is a little different. My question for those of you who know is does this kit have that electronic adjustment or vaccum adjustment or none at all? Thanks for any info.

Does your headlight has a round white thingy on the back of the headlight housing.

These round white thing will have a hole a hole to connect to vacuum hose

if it does then your headlight is equipped with Vacuum motor.;)

(PS:I have to search if I have a pic laying around)

Regardz,

nokia8860
11-28-2003, 11:30 AM
OEM xenons have electronic servo motors to controll the lights. You will know it has electronic servo because after you plug in the ballast and the normal light harness there is a 4 pin black harness left.

Im working on a mod for those that dd then oem route so that the servo will work. :)

J Irwan
11-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
OEM xenons have electronic servo motors to controll the lights. You will know it has electronic servo because after you plug in the ballast and the normal light harness there is a 4 pin black harness left.

Im working on a mod for those that dd then oem route so that the servo will work. :)

Joey,
Do you mean your OEM Xenon headlight has electronic servo instead of vacum motor.

The Bosch Xenon that I bought from Becker has a vacum motor.

Regardz,

nokia8860
11-28-2003, 12:31 PM
J,

You are correct, the OEM headlight have a servo motor that is connected to a system that attach to the rear sway bar that sense the level of the car and adj the lights on the fly.

Those with stock hid, bought with the car, may tell that when they first turn on their car then flip the lights on that the lights are at a low position and then "spring" into position.

Look up the parts for HID on the EPC and you will see there are part numbers for the different linkage etc for the light level.

When Tony was over at bekkers he told me that they had bosch make them a "retro fit" system for the 202 hence why they are able to sell the kit for a lot cheaper than the dealer can while using OEM parts.

MBenzNL has gutted his xenon and retrofit the vaccum system on his so it operates the way you have yours set up.

My servos are currently not active but that will change soon. :)

Oh yeah, dont bother asking MBenzNL about his servos, he gave those to me a long time ago for my project :) But if I dont blow them up after my mod I'll send them over to you if you like :D

CKlasse
11-28-2003, 02:25 PM
That's pretty damn good deal. $720 for the whole thing! :)

J Irwan
11-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
J,

You are correct, the OEM headlight have a servo motor that is connected to a system that attach to the rear sway bar that sense the level of the car and adj the lights on the fly.

Those with stock hid, bought with the car, may tell that when they first turn on their car then flip the lights on that the lights are at a low position and then "spring" into position.

Look up the parts for HID on the EPC and you will see there are part numbers for the different linkage etc for the light level.

When Tony was over at bekkers he told me that they had bosch make them a "retro fit" system for the 202 hence why they are able to sell the kit for a lot cheaper than the dealer can while using OEM parts.

MBenzNL has gutted his xenon and retrofit the vaccum system on his so it operates the way you have yours set up.

My servos are currently not active but that will change soon. :)

Oh yeah, dont bother asking MBenzNL about his servos, he gave those to me a long time ago for my project :) But if I dont blow them up after my mod I'll send them over to you if you like :D

I was lost when you mentioned "servo motor" on your OEM headlight..

you could have told me it has "self leveling" feature , I would have understood it :p

it's all good ;)

Regardz,

winhard
01-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Any one have pics on where to mount the ballasts (the oem bosch xenons from bekkers)?

Thx

Win