PDA

View Full Version : Carlsson suspension

Manix
02-13-2003, 06:01 AM
Hi guys!

First of all I wanted to say how great it is to have a W202 exclusive forum for us to hang out at! great job!

I've got a question about a suspension kit that i'm being offered.

Its a kit from Carlsson straight from Germany and consists of a set of Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks. They are used and have been under a W202 for about 20.000km

I have 18" AMG Monoblock II's under the car with stock elegance suspension with 235x40 18x8" front and 265x35 18x8.5" back

Would I have to roll my fenders in order to fit them properly or would I be able to use my spring pads to compensate for the lowering?

Any comments greatly appreciated!

nokia8860
02-13-2003, 08:16 AM
It will rub lightly on your front right fender. And you might be experiencing rubbing on the rear as well as 265 is really pushing the 202. It is possible to mount but a more conservative size for the rear is 255 and 225 up front.

Using that tyre setup rubbing will probably not happen and fender rolling will not be needed as well.

Denlasoul
02-13-2003, 03:16 PM
I have a slight rub in my front right fender. Where is it exactly rubbing? How much more would I need to roll the fender?

Thanks

dwang
02-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
I have a slight rub in my front right fender. Where is it exactly rubbing? How much more would I need to roll the fender?

Thanks

You should be able to tell just by looking at your tires or front right fender well... Look for obvious signs of rubbing marks on the inner and outer walls of the tires. Also, look for any rub or wear marks on the inside fender well. You should be able to tell where it's rubbing by doing that.

Dave

pnsji
02-19-2003, 02:27 PM
235 is very tight if you lower the car. I would suggest fender rolling in the front.

Manix
02-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replys!...

I don't know if there is anyone over here that can roll a fender, so I think that what I would have to do is to get a different tire size...

nokia8860
02-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Manix
Hey guys, thanks for the replys!...

I don't know if there is anyone over here that can roll a fender, so I think that what I would have to do is to get a different tire size...

go for a 225 up front and you should be fine.