PDA

View Full Version : Phone system options

Denlasoul
11-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey all:

When I bought my car it came with the Motorola phone system. The phone system is not in operation, and was thinking about hooking up my phone to the car.

Is it possible to hook up my phone (or another phone w/ a hands free kit) to my existing system? Would it be as easy as finding a kit and connecting the correct wires? I read some stuff on another forum and feel like I am on the right track, but need more insight.

Where can I obtain information about the factory phone system and how it is hooked up?

Thanks

Tump43
11-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Denlasoul:

The Europimp hooked my phone system up. To make it work with a modern digital phone he had to install an MB PSE (the electronic control unit that is phone model specific) box in the trunk that Steve had reprogramed to handle the digital tri-band Nokia 6310i. The C43 was originally designed for an analog phone. The rest of the compenents used to install the phone, the cradle etc. were stock MB parts. They hook right up to the car's pre-wiring.

The only trick is the reprogramed PSE. Perhaps you can contact Steve and purchase a PSE from him that will work with the phone you have but, I bet you will have to get a Nokia 6310i.

Good-Luck!

Denlasoul
11-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Thanks Tump. I might go ahead and do that.

Renn 208
11-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Thanks Tump. I might go ahead and do that.

Europimp it. It's grrrreat! Then get the Comand, multifunction Steering wheel and gague cluster to make it even better!