PDA

View Full Version : Major problems! Read the artical it is worth it

sorbo
11-18-2003, 12:29 PM
I was given this artical from usa today Nov. 12 in the money section (B green) about the computers on the new 7 series and MB's. you can get to it at this site
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2003-11-11-carrepairs_x.htm

I have a questions to go with that, does bosch make the idrive. I know they do the mercedes COMMAND system. and if not who? And is it me or is BMW always having electrical recalls or something, a few years back they had a massive recall (3,5,7,Z8 More??) of the fan that goes on the radiator, i dont know what its called.

tommyt77v1
11-19-2003, 01:17 PM
im not surprised at all.. i think electrical / computer problems will come with the sophsicated car.. the only thing i dont like is they shouldnt be in such a hurry to put things out that have so many bugs... fix it , run it through some qa testing.. sounds like something bill gates should do also.. they should release computer firmware upgrades etc that are available for people who are capable of fixing it themselves.. instead of having to go to the dealer.. but they make more money that way anyways and a rich person isn't going to go for a honda or toyota over a $100k car that works as a status symbol..