PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!!!

98_Benzo
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Well my POS is back in the tranny shop. I was over at my parents house one night and my mom mentioned she saw a puddle of oil in the place I was parked. So I looked at it and it's in about the area of the tranny. As we all know, my car just came out of the tranny shop about a month ago. So, I took it back to the tranny shop and have been waiting for an answer back for 2 days now.....:mad: Well I went in there today after work and asked if they knew anything. The guy told me that an oil line that goes to the tranny had a HUGE hole in it. Well go figure, he doesn't know the exact name of the part. Also he doesn't have a manual on the Mercedes tranny, so he has to call around tomorrow to figure out what it is. He is giving me an estimate of about 2 - 3 weeks before I get my car back.....:mad: :mad: So as you guys can imagine I am pretty pissed off. For those of you looking to buy a Mercedes...DON'T DO IT!! They are peices of shit and don't hold up as well as my 2002 Chevy Cavalier did, that's pathetic considering my Cavalier was declared a Lemon.:rolleyes: So after putting 3400 into the tranny just to have it rebuilt, I need to put more money into it.....Sorry guys, I just had to vent. Anyone know what the names of some of those oil lines are, it would be much appreciated or a diagram of the tranny area...thanks!!!:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BenzoAMGpower
11-19-2003, 10:20 PM
those are harsh words young padiwan..... so what kinda W202 do u have again?

98_Benzo
11-19-2003, 10:45 PM
those are harsh words young padiwan..... so what kinda W202 do u have again?

That's probably the problem actually....it's a 4 cylinder and Mercedes isn't extremely well known for their non supercharged 4 cylinders. It's a 1998 C230..:rolleyes:

Eurosport
11-19-2003, 10:55 PM
that really does suck
but why does it take them 2-3 weeks to get something done?

jnolte
11-20-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
That's probably the problem actually....it's a 4 cylinder and Mercedes isn't extremely well known for their non supercharged 4 cylinders. It's a 1998 C230..:rolleyes:

Ahhhhhh not again, not more tranny problems. Damn im sorry to hear that kevin. even tho it is a 230 it is no excuse for mercedes. I wonder though if the tranny shop did something and thats y it happened? hmmmmmm well keep us posted! Maybe its time for us to make that Suzuki Swift club eh?

GDawgC220
11-20-2003, 05:28 AM
sorry to hear of your problems man.

I've had my share of problems (8 grand in two years), but i absolutely love the car. if I had to buy another car, it would be another w202.

Good luck with your car. Isn't their tranny work under warranty or something, considering it was only a month...maybe they screwed up something when rebuilding it?

-G-

98_Benzo
11-20-2003, 08:03 AM
The thing is about the warranty...it covers the work they did. The part that is broken now is an external part to the tranny, that they did not touch. So, shit on me again!!!:( At the rate that my car keeps breaking, I am going to need to buy tons of pairs of shoes from Footaction.com.

Denlasoul
11-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Damn K.

Sorry to hear about the car....again. Let me know if I can help you out.

D

kameraguy
11-20-2003, 02:02 PM
98_benzo,

I know exactly where you are coming from man. Unless you are serious, i'm sure you are just venting when you say MB is a POS.

But I'll tell you this much. i felt the EXACT same way when my tranny went south.

I know it's a perspective not shared by all...but I think it takes something major like a Tranny rebuild to feel the same way :( And trust me...if you have this type of issue (especially when it's NOT under warranty)...cursing is a given!! :(

Man, hopefully they sort out your tranny...and i'm assuming this is under a warranty for the last repair?

jnolte
11-20-2003, 02:03 PM
maybe you can fix it urself for cheaper? All the wa st. peeps can help out!!!!!!!!!:D

98_Benzo
11-20-2003, 03:11 PM
maybe you can fix it urself for cheaper? All the wa st. peeps can help out!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks J...:D

I know exactly where you are coming from man. Unless you are serious, i'm sure you are just venting when you say MB is a POS.

Kam - I was just venting, it's just really frustrating as you know.

Although guys, I found out today, it's a simple repair. I guess my car has two oil lines that come out of the tranny and go to the oil cooler. Well there are 6 sections to these lines and one of the sections has a hole in it. Well I guess this is an easy fix according to a Tech at Mercedes. So we'll see how it goes, might just end up doing it myself if the tranny shop doesn't want to warranty it.

98_Benzo
11-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Well got the car back!!! We'll see how long I have until the next time my car is in the shop......shouldn't be too long. Although, it is going back in tonight, to have some fluids drained. They put 3 quarts too many in my tranny, so I am over flowing...Dumbasses!!!:rolleyes:

Eurosport
11-24-2003, 10:56 AM
can they ever do something right to your car?

98_Benzo
11-24-2003, 11:59 AM
:werd: I'm about to sell my car and get a different 202.

C280 JR
11-24-2003, 12:11 PM
I know how u feel, i bought a car to enjoy it, and so far in a year i spent about 5K on it for repairs and the fact that we are studnents, we should not spend that much on our dream cars..

Elvir

jnolte
11-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
:werd: I'm about to sell my car and get a different 202.

Get a C43!!!!!!!!!!!:D

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Bummer about the trans. If it is that overful I'd drain some out in the driveway. all you need is some metric hex wrenches ("Allen"). WEay over ful you can screw up seals ands ruin the oil. It gets airated and overheated because all of the spinning parts are in it instead of above it. You guys are making me feel better about my non electronic trans with 100k. I don't feel so bad about my $2342 alignment / frame pull either. I had a $50 '63 Plymouth Valiant with a push button auto for my first 3 years of college. You're stylin !