PDA

View Full Version : speedometer isnt working

AN0NYMOUS
11-20-2003, 01:58 AM
My c280 has the abs light on and the speedometer isnt working. During the summer the speedometer works fine, but during winter or cold weather it doesnt work. Anyone have clue to whats going on?

jnolte
11-20-2003, 02:00 AM
sounds like some bad connections???

moebiusgold
11-21-2003, 10:56 PM
Here's a total guess. The wheel sensors that the ABS use could also be used for speed. If I were going to engineer it, that's how I would do it. The assumption is that the ABS light and the Speedometer not working happen at the same time.

C280 JR
11-22-2003, 05:19 AM
sounds like my story..when it gets below 60 degrees, all my guages stop working till about half hour drive

Elvir

vladk
05-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I have the same problem. Intermitent speedometer malfuction along with abs light coming on.

The manual clearly states that speedometer and abs wheel (lockup) sensors are tied together.
Speedometer reading is computed by taking all three or four (depending on the model) sensor readings. So, if one of the sensors is not sending proper information (electrical problem) then the speedometer will not work.

Does anyone have the pinouts for the abs ecu? Or any information where i can trace my sensor wires?
94 c220

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.