PDA

View Full Version : Boys, I need some ideas!!!

moedigga
11-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Alright so heres the deal.... The lady smashed our 97 280 this morning in parking lot. Her first fender bender. A good start. The exterior of bumber is toast. She even pushed front frame far enough to stop one of the radiator fans from spinning. Grill is also seeya. I'm figuring about 2500-3000 in damage if she didnt screw the hood up. Hood is out of whack but no kinks or visible damage to it. I'm thinking I could get a complete body kit for this car for less than oem bumper. But because it is a 97 tha sideskirts are very different. Deductible is 500, If total estimate is 2000 or less I'm not even reporting it. Give me ideas if possible on replacing this lame oem body styling-MOE Thank you

714guy
11-20-2003, 11:25 AM
i have a 97 front bumper for sale if you need it. There are many routes you can go from replica kits to the real deal. or you could get a rieger kit which is pretty afforadable. I think jason H is selling one.

Sorry to hear about your mis fortune, but good luck with the repairs .

CKlasse
11-20-2003, 12:53 PM
I hope you are talking about the sub-frame!

jnolte
11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
get a replica Wald kit, autoblz sells them, i dont know how good they are but i know he sells them. Maybe someone that has bought one from him can fill us in on quality and service? I know his website is www.autoblz.com

moedigga
11-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
I hope you are talking about the sub-frame! She just got it home and upon further inspection she did tweak the hood a little bit. As for frame I assume the metal just in front of radiator is subby. What do you think about wald replica for 600 bucks? Shit oem bumper is almost that by itself-MOE

moedigga
11-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
get a replica Wald kit, autoblz sells them, i dont know how good they are but i know he sells them. Maybe someone that has bought one from him can fill us in on quality and service? I know his website is www.autoblz.com Already checked website if picture is worth 1000 words than maybe its alright. Waiting to see if 97 is gonna be a problem-MOE