PDA

View Full Version : need help installing system

ryhi
11-20-2003, 01:49 PM
i need to know how to get wires from the trunk (battery) to the inside of my car (behind HU) because i am going to be running 3 sets of RCA wires from amps to the headunit.

also, does anyone know where theres a hole in the firewall? i need to run wires for fogs and switch. i am planning to mount the switch near the headlight switch.

any help is appreciated

714guy
11-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
i need to know how to get wires from the trunk (battery) to the inside of my car (behind HU) because i am going to be running 3 sets of RCA wires from amps to the headunit.

RCA wires can go from the behind the HU to the behind the carpet in the footwell of the passanger side then in the little channels under the door sills and all the way to the back where it goes under the seat in to the trunk.

also, does anyone know where theres a hole in the firewall? i need to run wires for fogs and switch. i am planning to mount the switch near the headlight switch.

any help is appreciated

if you're gonna to have a seperate switch then you need to wire it thru the firewall. Which i dont know where it is. But you can connect it to the city lights( first pull) and that that will turn on the fog lights also(easier way). Just tap accesory wire, constant power and ground.

nokia8860
11-20-2003, 03:02 PM

also, does anyone know where theres a hole in the firewall?

The hole is in the fuse box holder.