PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations of online retailers for brake pads/rotors

LFEC230k
11-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Does anyone have any reccomendations for online retailers where I can purchase all my brake parts for my car? i.e. rotors and pads.

JRE320
11-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Try Importec.com or Mercedesshop.com. ;)

jnolte
11-23-2003, 05:45 PM
go to Importec.com its where i buy all my shizzle at:D

solodough
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
carries PBR brake pads which many here recommend and at a reasonable price.

SLAMMED_C
11-26-2004, 07:41 PM
formymercedes.com

SilverSlammed
12-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Try Tire Rack for the Rotors (Brembo) Slotted $109 Solid $69. Then go to "Stopshopanddrive.com" for the PBR Ceramic Pads, very inexpensive, and many options.:cool:

mayagman
01-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Has anyone here noticed other than myself that every one of these sites is just a clone site to some giant conglomorate auto parts distributor? God... it seems that EVERY site I go to has the EXACT same search criteria, and searches to the exact same products. Very, very annoying.

jnenad16
01-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by mayagman
Has anyone here noticed other than myself that every one of these sites is just a clone site to some giant conglomorate auto parts distributor? God... it seems that EVERY site I go to has the EXACT same search criteria, and searches to the exact same products. Very, very annoying.

true. they all use the central warehouse located in socal, i believe.

mayagman
01-13-2005, 07:11 PM
It makes it extremely difficult to find an alternate store that might have the parts you need, when another store doesnt. On a sidenote- I just ordered PBA Ultimate Cermaic fronts form Mbaparts, the free shipping sold me. I'm looking at rotors now, ebay naturally, probably gonna end up with a pair of brembos that was shop-drilled. The only issue is theyre $99 for the front pair. Theres 9,000 posts here about rotor suppliers and such, but its all the same store. I know brembo makes a cross-drilled application for my 97 280, but I can't seem to find it. Any clues?

jnenad16
01-14-2005, 12:12 AM
www.tirerack.com might have them

nenad

KWiK
01-14-2005, 08:49 AM

I just ordered my OEM replacement pads/rotors from PURE motorsport (http://www.purems.com) , they didn't have that interface you are talking about and the price was better than my 2 nearest dealers.

mr. gatsbury
01-14-2005, 01:01 PM
It makes it extremely difficult to find an alternate store that might have the parts you need, when another store doesnt. On a sidenote- I just ordered PBA Ultimate Cermaic fronts form Mbaparts, the free shipping sold me. I'm looking at rotors now, ebay naturally, probably gonna end up with a pair of brembos that was shop-drilled. The only issue is theyre $99 for the front pair. Theres 9,000 posts here about rotor suppliers and such, but its all the same store. I know brembo makes a cross-drilled application for my 97 280, but I can't seem to find it. Any clues?

You think 99 bucks is too much? How do you know if they are shop drilled or factory? Does brembo have factory drilled rotors? Are these shop drilled?

My money just transfered to my paypal account so I'm ready to order...

alboogiee
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
www.brakeworld.com

they were really helpful to me and got me the right pads for my ML (w163) apparently mercedes thought it would be funny for the 98 and early 99 to have the same larger rear pads, change it 1/3 of the way through 99 to smaller ones and revert back to the larger ones in 2000, but yet again go back to the smaller pads.... they tracked it by vin # and had a mercedes dealer on speed dial

mayagman
01-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I got mine from an eBay retailer, 935 was the userid. From what he told me, they are a Brembo authorized dealer, and brembo lists them as an authorized dealer/service centre on their website. Also informed that all the drilling is done in-house on their own CnC machines. Research revealed $99 isnt too bad a price, so I fired off the 'buy' button. Pairing that with PBR Ultimate ceramics and I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm sticking with OEM for the back.

mr. gatsbury
01-15-2005, 12:56 PM
well, I just bought my rotors from the Bay. I'm thinking of going with PBR (Axxis) Deluxe plus pads all the way around. I'll post some pics when I do the install biotches!!! :D

mayagman, where you get the AMGizzle kit?

mr. gatsbury
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Anyone have anything against PBR Deluxe Plus Pads? Squealing? I'm about to get them or shouldn't I......

mr. gatsbury
03-07-2005, 09:16 PM
my brothers, help me out....

I HAVE GMAIL INVITES TO ANYONE WHO RESPONDS TO THIS POST SO I CAN ORDER THE PADS TOMORROW.

are gmail invites still held in high regard???

jnenad16
03-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I installed PRB Ceramic pads on one of my customer's cars at his request. I warned him that it might not be a wise idea, but he insisted, so I put them on. He came back the next day, saying that the brakes squeak like crazy. I put some anti squeak compound on the caliper pistons, hoping it will help somewhat, it didnt. He used brand new stock rotors, so it wasnt like the the rotors might have been the cause. btw, the vehicle was a 1998 E430sw. I cant say it will be the same for other cars, so you will have to decide for your self.

nenad

mr. gatsbury
03-08-2005, 08:46 AM
nenad,

What pads do you reccomend?

(did you need a gmail invite?)

John

jnenad16
03-08-2005, 08:10 PM
john,
if you want to upgrade your brakes, you can go with EBC front rotors and EBC Green Stuff front pads, and in the rear stock rotors with Satisfied Pro Perfornance rear pads. this is the setup I ran on my 95 C280 with no problems, and the braking performance was much, much better than stock.

nenad

mr. gatsbury
03-09-2005, 11:05 PM
nenad,

I had the install done today. My car was in the shop getting both front lower control arms replace, the whole ceter steering link, and the main drive pully so I figured I would have them install all four brembo crossdrilled rotors with pads. The pads are like Pagsis or something like that. Not sure exactly what they are called but I will find out tomorrow. I've seen them mentioned on the forum before. Thanks again for the help...

John

jnenad16
03-09-2005, 11:59 PM
cool, let me know how this setup works.

nenad

jnolte
03-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
john,
if you want to upgrade your brakes, you can go with EBC front rotors and EBC Green Stuff front pads, and in the rear stock rotors with Satisfied Pro Perfornance rear pads. this is the setup I ran on my 95 C280 with no problems, and the braking performance was much, much better than stock.

nenad

i have heard that EBC pads cause premature wear on rotors and warping...:eek:

jnenad16
03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
i had those on for about 7months and no problems at all.

nenad

jnolte
03-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
i had those on for about 7months and no problems at all.

nenad

perhaps its if you use, EBC green stuff or red stuff with stock rotors... hmmmm

jnenad16
03-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
perhaps its if you use, EBC green stuff or red stuff with stock rotors... hmmmm

i had both EBC rotors and EBC green stuff pads in the front and stock rotors and satisfied pro performance pads in the back. this setup worked very well on my C280.

nenad

mr. gatsbury
03-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok, picked it up earlier this morning. Setup feels nice. I'm taking a highway trip later so I'll let you know about high speed braking and such. The pads are padgid's I think that's how to spell it. The car feels a hundred times better condsidering I needed the two front control arms replaced and the center steering link. Feels so much more solid on rougher roads.

here are the rotors installed. Not really sure what the significance of a picture will do (I'm just trying to get tinter to make with the dash pics)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/gatsbury/rotors.gif

Got all four rotors for a little over 200 bucks (US). Authentic as well...