PDA

View Full Version : Having transmission work done and I have a few questions...

C280Sportster
11-24-2003, 12:29 PM
I'll know more when I get the paper work from the dealer. But the dealer is replacing the valve body and the transmission control unit (I'm happy I have the Starmark warranty !). My first question is, will this mean all the tranny fluid will be changed ?

Second question; I've read about the valve body problems, can I assume I'm getting a better(updated) part, or will it fail again in a few years ?

My C280 is a 1998 with about 69K on it.

Thanks guys,

jnolte
11-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes i am assuming you will get all new tranny fluid and i am not sure if they up dated the part or if you will just get the same one, sometimes stuff just breaks cuz its old

C280Sportster
11-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
Yes i am assuming you will get all new tranny fluid and i am not sure if they up dated the part or if you will just get the same one, sometimes stuff just breaks cuz its old

Well, from what I've gathered, it's a faulty part (the valve body) , some people have had theirs changed before it failed.

I'll pick up the car today (I hope) and I'll report what was done.

MBATF
11-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Yes they will change teh tranny oil for you. I had my tranny broke down on me a year ago at teh same time Nokia's tranny was down too...weird shiet heh:( ... anyways, turns out it was due to teh torque converter broke down, and tehn they did gave me the updated Tranny and teh Tranny ECU....$5000 at teh dealer ship..i cried and cried....