PDA

View Full Version : M3 spoiler from REVOTEC on eBAY

timecop369
11-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Guys,

Anyone get the M3 spoiler from REVOTEC on eBAY?

I had problems with these red/white tail lights fitting correctly on my gf's 2000 BMW 323i:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33716&item=2442457632

I made my complaint Sat. and am waiting a reply or explanation. I even asked them extensively before I purchased if these were OEM because I had such a headache with my after market piece of sh*t clear corners from PROCARPARTS on eBAY.

Anyways... I'm just PO!

I'm wondering if you had similar problems with the M3 spoilers or any of their other items.

timecop369

jnolte
11-24-2003, 03:37 PM
No i ordered one from Revotec and it was fine.

timecop369
11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Well... I'm just not going to give them any more of my business if they won't reply... there's plenty of other sellers out there...

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my experience so far w/ REVOTEC. And a total NEGATIVE on quality of products from PROCARPARTS.com on eBAY.

jnolte
11-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by timecop369
Well... I'm just not going to give them any more of my business if they won't reply... there's plenty of other sellers out there...

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my experience so far w/ REVOTEC. And a total NEGATIVE on quality of products from PROCARPARTS.com on eBAY.

Yeah basically anything you order from Procarparts is gunna suck its all replica crap that will not fit right

crazy00c230k
11-24-2003, 04:07 PM
yeah....i bought some clear corners from them and the fit was horrible.....the didnt even snap into place....they suck

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 04:30 PM
I just got stock Bosch corners last week. The gasket cracked on one of the orig. and I couldn't stand it. The orig. were made in Germany and the new ones were made in Checklosvokia ( sorry for the spelling) not Germany! They did not fit as well as what came off. They are inset more and I have some gaps that were never there before.:( They poped right in but its not like you can do anything but bend sheetmetal to make them fit better. Only a fanatic would notice but damm, it think the car is sucking me in.:cool:

jnolte
11-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Its all about Bosch OEM !!! Best fitment and it wont fall out on the freeway at 120+ mph!

J Irwan
11-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by timecop369
Guys,

Anyone get the M3 spoiler from REVOTEC on eBAY?

I had problems with these red/white tail lights fitting correctly on my gf's 2000 BMW 323i:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33716&item=2442457632

I made my complaint Sat. and am waiting a reply or explanation. I even asked them extensively before I purchased if these were OEM because I had such a headache with my after market piece of sh*t clear corners from PROCARPARTS on eBAY.

Anyways... I'm just PO!

I'm wondering if you had similar problems with the M3 spoilers or any of their other items.

timecop369

btw was it totally off..?
could it be mistaken for 2 door with 4 door light and vice versa..?

I just want to make sure you have all the basis cover ;)

And let me say it again.
I too were curious ordered form Pro Car part, I didn't even try to fit on my car the moment I had them on my hand. The finish is so crappy that not one second I have a thought of putting them on my car.

So I returned them and demanded full refund, I told them that the glue is everywhere and looks like piece of S#@$.

Finally I ordered Bosch one from Bekker.

Unless they are made by the same manufacture of Bosch OEM then do not buy them..

You will get what you paid for..

I know on BMW's there 2 product and both of them made by the same manufacture but only one of them have the BMW roundel logo on the outer lense..
if that the case the quality do not suffer, since basically they both made by the same supplier....

but other replica stay away.. ;)

Regardz,

Denlasoul
11-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
I just got stock Bosch corners last week.

You mean stock indicators? Half clear/half orange? If so, I could have give you my set.

DLS

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
You mean stock indicators? Half clear/half orange? If so, I could have give you my set.

DLS

Explicative deleted Yep and I payed $42 apiece for them. + king Co. 9.ouch%:(

The next GTG I need to look at so much on other cars and ask lots of questions. Ask Eurosport. If it had only not been pouring buckets I would have given his a once over. In so many ways I have no idea how lots of things are really supposed to be. :(

Denlasoul
11-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Dont hesitate to ask us (locals) or anyone else on the board. We are all ready and willing to help as much as we can.

You got my email, right? Just drop me a line if you have any q's.

jnolte
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Dont hesitate to ask us (locals) or anyone else on the board. We are all ready and willing to help as much as we can.

You got my email, right? Just drop me a line if you have any q's.

Me too, even though my juvinile mind can be confusing if ur over 25!!

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanks,

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 09:54 PM
That was a mistake. I hit one of those little window keys at the bottom... Anyways, I am basically shy and private so I hate to impose on others. But thanks for the offer. I just need a proper C36 for a baseline, if someone will let me plug into theirs I'd be greatful. Seeing body fit little clips Etc. Etc. is inportant to. Hearing and Feeling are way up on the scale. Do I sound like a typical engineer? Denlasoul, sorry I can't get at voltages with my wimpy scanner. I can scan 100's of inputs at 100's of meghertz at work. This is not the same. What do you think of the timing on the TPS post? When I hit 5K its like a NO2 switch was thrown on..... If i go to WOT slowly it won't downshift and it just bogs along to it hits 5.....:( Maybe they are all that way??? See my point? Thats just a start. Soon as I have something to compare to I'll have even more questions. I have a way with mechanical things. If I don't think something is correct, it bugs the living whatever out of me. You'll understand if you ever get to know me. I have to watch out, my wife has told her mom that she is convinced that I love the c more than her! Ha! you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Mechanical things talk to me in black and white. People can be awful confusing.........:rolleyes: :D :)

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
Me too, even though my juvinile mind can be confusing if ur over 25!!
Yep, but you remind me what it was like to be one! Enojoy it while you can! I'm probably older than your dad but don't let that fool you.:D :eek: :D

jnolte
11-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Yep, but you remind me what it was like to be one! Enojoy it while you can! I'm probably older than your dad but don't let that fool you.:D :eek: :D

im almost 19 and my dad is like 60!!! are you 70 !!!:rolleyes:

moebiusgold
11-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
im almost 19 and my dad is like 60!!! are you 70 !!!:rolleyes:
I am retiring in 3 years7 months... so I am just a bit younger than your dad.:D Yep, I'm from like another generation.........:p :)

jnolte
11-24-2003, 10:25 PM
I am retiring in 3 years7 months... so I am just a bit younger than your dad.:D Yep, I'm from like another generation.........:p :)

But its all good cuz u drive a C36!!! ANd you wanna modd it!! :D ALL good in my book!!:) :D

timecop369
11-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Ok... REVOTEC got back to me on the red/clear tail lights for my gf's car 323i. And yes... I ordered the right one... her car is a 4 door and the eBay purchase (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33716&item=2442457632) I made was for a 4-door.

They told me it was a bit different on the Euro lights and US. I had to cut a piece of plastic stub off (sent me a pic of what to cut off)... trust me... i was trimming and filing things Sat. night to make it fit but no success. But I'll see if their suggestion works.

They offered me a $5 break on shipping if I order 2 M3 spoilers... I'll wait till after I work on the tail lights this weekend before I agree to any more orders.

Glad you all agree with me that PROCARPARTS.com SUCK! To make a long story short... I order 2 sets of clear corners for my C280 from them... the first set... fell off on the freeway at 60-80mph. I was cheap so I ordered again. Stupid, I KNOW!

timecop369

jnolte
11-24-2003, 11:19 PM
well i hope it fits mang.;)

nudymeyer6
11-25-2003, 04:55 PM
i would just like to say that i also have a juvinile mind ( i am 1 month away from being 16 yrs old.) but i think of myself to be a little bit knowledgeable when it comes to cars, by no means am i pure genious, but i hope to be someday. :D . i would like to start my own performance parts company and design vehicles for a major manufacturer. hopefully i will have the performance parts company rolling by the time i am out of high school.;) ...it wont be a huge company, but i will do work for locals to make pocket money to work on my mb(hopefully it will steadily get bigger and bigger). :D

c230kompresssed
11-25-2003, 06:46 PM
I bought my ABS plastic M3 lip spioler from them, it was perfect, shipped in 2 days..

EBAY ITEM SOLD TO ME (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33638&item=2435026864)

joesc280
11-25-2003, 10:00 PM
i bought and shipped and it looked exactly as pictured....but then i had good experiences with the clear corners and the ebay eyelids too...i'm a cheap azz....lol

timecop369
11-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Ok... Revotec's rear tail light fits (for 2000 BMW 323i) perfectly after I cut the little stem that they told me. I wish they told me this before, cause I trimmed a lot of other stuff down too trying to make it fit.

I'm a happy camper... I'll be ordering the M3 spoilers from them for my '99 C280 Sport and gf's '00 323i also. I put up pics once I get it on & painted.

peace out...

timecop369

Dr. ///AMG
11-27-2003, 01:29 PM
If you want an m3 spoiler, get it from my buddy. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=libertyla&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1