PDA

View Full Version : C36 Downpipe Back System!

CKlasse
11-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Who are interested in this system again? Pricing will be in the $850 range depending on what cats we are using. One system is on a local c36, and I am expecting his feedbacks soon.

Eurosport
11-25-2003, 11:22 AM
i'm just curious if any gains in hp and what the sound is like :)
curiosity killed the cat, but it can't kill me

J Irwan
11-25-2003, 12:09 PM
I am glad you found a local C36 man.

I have been searching for local dyno place and possibly the one that can also cut and weld exhaust system, that way I can dyno before and after.

But I am curoius how much improvement can be made on C36's...

keep in us posted ;)

Regardz,

c230kompresssed
11-25-2003, 01:50 PM
not interested in that, but a nice cold air intake would be nice. (W202-C230k)

moebiusgold
11-25-2003, 05:24 PM
I coulds be interested in everything but the rear muffler. I know it weighs a bunch but I need to be quite. I like the stock sound but even that attracts too much attention. I've got 3 chamber flow masters on another ride and I've been given a hard time by our "buddies" cuz they heard me from inside their car blocks away. I got this to be lower profile. Probably hard for most of you to comprehend ;) I want cold air intake but I am worried that the intake scream at WOT will be louder yet. That sound is addictive to me..
Another option would be getting in on at least the high flow cats.
The cat y pipe turns into this shrimpy pipe that between the resonator (front muiffler, hope that I don't have it backwords) and muffler gets reasonable sized again. Doing something about that with a resonator could be nice.

jnolte
11-25-2003, 07:40 PM
you mean w/o the resonator!

Denlasoul
11-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
I got this to be lower profile. Probably hard for most of you to comprehend ;)

Not hard to comprehend at all..... :cool:

We should get together sometime and work/talk about mods.

moebiusgold
11-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
you mean w/o the resonator!

Nope, I just want a larger inlet one. I could handle a touch louder like 1 or 2 max Db at 3 to 3500 RPM steady state cruzin. It has and is going to spend hours doing that going to property in SW Id. If the wife refuses to ride, I'll be bummed. She is still surprised how much wind tire engine noise there is:( She used to have a 240Dead and I can't understand what she is complaining about. I tried to give her the car and she refused. Damm, I wanted to buy a nicer one.:D .

jnolte
11-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Not hard to comprehend at all..... :cool:

We should get together sometime and work/talk about mods.

now us other wa st. feel left out:( we ALL need to get toghether and talk about mods and work on them!

CKlasse
11-25-2003, 08:29 PM
The current setup on the C36 is Highflow Cat -> Magnapac Resonator -> Turbine system -> tip. The sound is a tad quieter than the C43 system. And TUMP43 is pretty happy with the sound of the C43 already (He was worried about it being a lawyer and so on).

What's a turbine system?
http://www.jonestuning.com/ebay/BMW/turbineanimation.gif

It's a newest exhaust technology that utilizes 'turbine' system to create vacuum in the rear - Hence the suction, high flow, cooler temp, and no low end torque lost. Moreover, while other muffler try to dampen the sound by 'RESTRICTION,' the turbine actually LOWER the sound by increasing the sound.

Tump43 can explain to you how it actually sounds and when you actually hear a 'sonic boom' (per his description) :D

I can go into much details in this. It's been awhile since I got excited over an exhaust!

Anyhow, I ll have the C36 back in the shop two weeks from now for Dyno and to use it to build other systems. I need to know how many actually interested in this, since obviously it is a limited items.

As far as C43, I am trying to get a C43 in the shop for a couple days to build 2 or 3 more systems. One will go onto Jeff's car for sure! :)

PS: I do have a C220, C230K, and inline C280 system ready also.
and here is just for reference...
http://www.jonestuning.com/ebay/MERCEDES/C43/c43compare.jpg

jnolte
11-25-2003, 09:00 PM
how much does the C43 system cut outta ur wallet?

C280 JR
11-26-2003, 06:13 AM
around $850

Elvir

Brabus
11-26-2003, 07:59 AM
I'll take one if I can modify it for Quad exhaust... I have 4 tips :)

pnsji
11-26-2003, 09:18 AM
In the C36, the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter are 1 piece. They are welded all the way to the end of the resonator.
Does the system include the exhaust manifold?
Otherwise, I would need to weld the cat to the exhaust manifold.

btw, I am interested.