Control unit
Valve gear
Gasket
Trans oil Filter
Seal ring
Seal ring
Lock pin
5 trans fluid

Car is running fine now. Sounds like a tranny overhaul to me. I hope I get good life out of this tranny and that they used updated parts.

Anyone else have similar work done ?

If anyone has any question, feel free…

jnolte
11-25-2003, 02:24 PM
what was the cost?:rolleyes:

11-25-2003, 03:01 PM
sounds like a repair and not a complete trans overhaul

a proper "complete" trans overhaul would include many more internal replacement pieces

C280Sportster
11-25-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 5.52
sounds like a repair and not a complete trans overhaul

a proper "complete" trans overhaul would include many more internal replacement pieces

I was hoping someone would chime in with more info on a overhaul.

Jnote: It was covered by the warrany, so I don't really know. I believe the valve gear fails often in certain transmissions, it shouldn't be to hard to find someone else that had a similar problem repaired.

moebiusgold
11-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Clutch packs, bushings, bearings, seals,.....

Lorinser202
11-30-2004, 04:06 PM
what do u guys think is a good price for a whole tranny overhaul, all clutch packs and both bands replaced and valves set and all installed

r_widjaya
05-12-2005, 06:08 AM
is your car previously (limp mode) stuck on third gear when you do kick down ... bc my car now in dealership claiming warranty for stuck in third gear when kick down .. and they send electronic things to the head office .. i reckon this is the trans control unit

kameraguy
05-12-2005, 12:05 PM
When I had transmissions issues where my gears would either hold not slip, they found some worn clutch packs...

Either way, transmission repairs cost bank...Mine was $2300 for this repair. Under warranty thankfully.

A replacementg tranny is like $5K or so, so it's all relative to what seems "worth it". if you have to pay out of pocket and they can overhaul the entire tranny for far less than a new one, sounds good. But if it is close to a replacement, then you may as well get another tranny!