PDA

View Full Version : Is this compatible for my engine?

Denlasoul
11-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Found this in Germany:
Engine Cover and Airbox (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444043716&category=28592&sspagename=rvi:1:1)

Was wondering if it is compatible with the way my airbox and cover is mounted to the C43?

Thanks

jnolte
11-26-2003, 07:31 PM
I think its too big! I hate the c43 engine covers and like w210 clk55 engine covers, so boring acually dont all the older V8s have the same cover? But that would be tight if it fit i dont think it does though

Denlasoul
11-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
I think its too big! I hate the c43 engine covers and like w210 clk55 engine covers, so boring acually dont all the older V8s have the same cover? But that would be tight if it fit i dont think it does though

Its for the same engine M113. Just curious if the mounts are different as well as the air ducts. Looks like it might be a direct fit.

sorbo
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
that is tight!!! If i had a V8 I'd make it work. but then again i dont even have an AMG *sigh*

one question: i found some nice stuff on the german ebay but my knowledge of german is slim, (once in 8th grade my friend told me how to say "would you care for my penis juice" but i forgot it and that would be the end of my german). But if some on the site knows german we could have a huge new source for parts.

J Irwan
11-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Found this in Germany:
Engine Cover and Airbox (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444043716&category=28592&sspagename=rvi:1:1)

Was wondering if it is compatible with the way my airbox and cover is mounted to the C43?

Thanks

If the physical outer engine block stay the same V-8 from C43 to newer AMG V-8 then it might work.

I guess you could find out by taking picture of your engine without cover and probably as at another forum for New AMG-V8 SC engine without cover as well
That way you'll know all the mounting tabs/clips

My guess is the newer engine cover is bigger/more buldging out in the middle to compensate the space for SC unit.

Regardz,

moebiusgold
11-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Hmmm, Does it do more than cover stuff up? If not I'd leave the cover off and in the garage cuz it won't make the C go any faster.:p

jnolte
11-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
Hmmm, Does it do more than cover stuff up? If not I'd leave the cover off and in the garage cuz it won't make the C go any faster.:p

but it makes it prettier but i agree

speedybenz
11-27-2003, 08:06 AM
I am pretty sure it would fit right up. But the intake tubes are different, so you would need to order those. And then you may need new air filters. If K&N then you are lookingat another $80.

But it is a very nice improvement in looks over the stock C43 cover and airbox. Go For IT.

Jeff

Denlasoul
11-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Anyone know the models this engine cover came from? Part nuumbers too? I'll look to see if they fit. I think it looks WAAAAAYYYY better than my current one.

JIrwan, if there is a space to fit the s/c and the mounting points are the same, then that would be great! It would keep the box from sitting directly on the block and absorbing all that heat. A few layers of thermotec would also help.