PDA

View Full Version : installing spring pads

ryhi
11-28-2003, 11:25 AM
i wanna put spring pads on the rear of my car since the inside of my tires out back are going quick. (i am not running any pads as of now) can someone give me an explination on how to install them? which pads are for the rear? the ones with or without the line indented all the way around? i have access to a shop (tools, lift, n all that good stuff) so any help would be appreciated. and can someone give me more info on the camber bolts? i did a search, but im still a little confused on what they do and how they work. thanks.

714guy
11-28-2003, 08:14 PM
spring pad control the hieght of the car and has nothing to do with the camber. For that i would try to get camber arms from speedybenz.

Plus how are you not running pads in the rear?? wounld that make your ride really nosiy. since the spring is rubbing against the metal parts.

walden
11-28-2003, 09:18 PM
hello all...

i want to lower my soon to get '97 C36 and i need advice on perfect size spring pads.

do i need to change stock?
will H&R lower my car with stock pads?

thanks!

JRE320
11-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by walden
hello all...

i want to lower my soon to get '97 C36 and i need advice on perfect size spring pads.

do i need to change stock?
will H&R lower my car with stock pads?

thanks!

Your questions have been answered so many times. Do a search on the topic and you'll find your answers. ;)

ryhi
11-28-2003, 10:44 PM
my springs have a rubber hosing surrounding about 2 coils of each end...wouldnt camber get somewhat fixed if i raise it (since it is getting closer to stock specs)?

ryhi
11-28-2003, 10:45 PM
do spring pads go on the top or bottom of the spring?

Renn 208
11-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
do spring pads go on the top or bottom of the spring?