PDA

View Full Version : hydraulics on the front

c230kompresssed
11-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Is it possible to have an air ride or hydraulics on the front only, so when I go over bumps, I can just hit a switch and im up?

Hank
11-29-2003, 08:28 PM
sure. :p

nokia8860
11-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Suspension performance aside, I dont see why you couldnt just install airbags just on the front.

ryhi
11-29-2003, 10:17 PM
why not just get all 4? u might as well...

714guy
11-30-2003, 07:33 AM
why not learn to drive it ???

714guy
11-30-2003, 07:34 AM
n/m

moebiusgold
11-30-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 714guy
Ouch, guess you never had something so low that there are lots of normal everyday places that you can't drive over at any angle or speed without hearing expensive parts dragging or worse. My 67 chev engine frame crossover (sorry, working on my first coffee can't think yet) is less than 4 inches off the flat ground. Unfortunatly the header flanges are lower and closer to the middle of the car.
I Have almost bought bags for that but it seemed easier just to pick when and where to drive it. Now a sedan. Put four super size americans in it. If its your daily driver someday you'll be looking at a parking lot entrance and know that your in big trouble. I just love trying to ski jump the lowest part of the highspot, just to try and minimize the grind cuz the situation is such that you can't just stop and politely ask "Err, I hope you don't mind getting out for a moment?". It's extra special infront of girlfriends/ bosses /buddies all readdy at the GTG / Cops wondering WTF. ;)

Hank
11-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 714guy

Maybe he likes the Mexican lowrider style on a benz. To make it look especial. :p

c230kompresssed
11-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Whats a mexican lowrider?

I was asking what moebiusgold told me...and that's the kinda situation im talking about...going into a parking lot enterance, and knowing you're going to scratch the shitt out of your car....

it'd be nice to hit a switch and yer up...

jnolte
11-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Ahh you dont know about low. My C36 was maybe like 4 inches at the front bumper and at the exhaust resonator it was like 3 inches. My car had H&R springs and they were cut for a totale of like a 3 inch drop. the front wheel when truned had like 1 to 2 mm of clearence until hitting the fender, it was insane! People wernt alowwed to sit in the back of my car beacuse of high centering on parking lots. And i cracked my bumper on the left side the first week i got my drop. I finally got used to it and it dosent bother me any more.

nokia8860
11-30-2003, 11:30 AM
c230kompresssed: not sure if you have, as I have not, drive a car with air bags and see if that is a ride you like. Depending on your driving style you may have to consider other ways of making your car streetable.

My 201 was pretty low before and the cat would hit anything higher than a running shoe. While I really liked the look it made actually driving the car unpleasant.

In the end I ended up raising the car so that I could actually use the car and only the steepest of speedbumps/driveway does it actually pose a problem.

So perhaps you may want to look at changing to thicker spring pads or to use a different set of lowering springs to get your ride hieght streetable.

As I have discovered many times style actually needs to follow function.

Dr. ///AMG
11-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Hank
Maybe he likes the Mexican lowrider style on a benz. To make it look especial. :p

Egyptian lowrider Cairo style.

oce420
11-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
Egyptian lowrider Cairo style.

racist..fuck

Dr. ///AMG
11-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by oce420
racist..fuck

c230kompresssed under disguise? Make up a new screen name and we won't know it's you? Your AIM s/n is "OCES," it's easy for one to put 2 and 2 together.

And it's no more racist than "mexican lowrider." If you're looking for cheap pot shots like this, knock yourself out. Dumb ass.

nokia8860
11-30-2003, 08:04 PM
c230kompresssed/oce420 (I admin the site hence why I know): Both moebiusgold and I have given you some input into your original question and hopes to have shed some additional light onto this. Best way would be to talk to an airbag expert to see if it is indeed ok to just have bags on your front suspension.

Dr. Amg: If you dont have anything to add as far as the original post then just hush up. :mad: