PDA

View Full Version : Wiechers Strut tower bars

jnolte
12-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Yo 2o2erz

Hey i am problay buying some Wiechers strut tower bars. Do you guys know if they fit on the C43? I have searched and found that they dont. But i am wondering if there is a way? I emailed some lady from wiechers but she has not replied yet. So i am gonna ask you guys. What is exactly the problem from them installing?

TIA:D

speedybenz
12-03-2003, 09:26 AM
I also would like to know if fitment is posible on a C43, but I think the air box is in the way

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by speedybenz
I also would like to know if fitment is posible on a C43, but I think the air box is in the way
From the pics posted yesterday I would say that it is aft of the air box by a bit. Looking at Mike's, there's all sorts of stuff in the way. I'm wondering how effective it really is if it is a thin wall 6061 T6 tube. I'd like to see a FEA of the design. There are a lot of bending moments being applied to the tube because of the bracket location, design, and tube shape/design. Common Talk: It's not a straight line to complete that triangle. I can feel the floor pan of my car flexing under my left foot when I'm cranking hard Rt. turns. Deadman's foot rest or whatever you call it. I use my rt. heel, butt and back, as the reference for the left foot. The first time I noticed it I was surprised.:( That subframe floor panel steel is surprisingly thin. Any kind of a brace is going to help but I am hesitant on cutting 2 rectangular slots and poking holes. It's not easy to make it back to stock anymore.

JRE320
12-03-2003, 11:51 PM
We've tried it on a C43 about 2 yrs ago .
It won't fit the cuz of the throttle cable.
Even with adaptor that comes with it.
Don't know now if they have modify it to fit
C43. I can't seem to remember whether the throttle cable can't be relocated some where else.... :confused: :( :)

jnolte
12-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
We've tried it on a C43 about 2 yrs ago .
It won't fit the cuz of the throttle cable.
Even with adaptor that comes with it.
Don't know now if they have modify it to fit
C43. I can't seem to remember whether the throttle cable can't be relocated some where else.... :confused: :( :)

You cant remember?

jnolte
12-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Wiechers lady emailed me back. She said they would have to see a picture of the engine bay to know. WHAT THE FUCK kinda answer is that?? Its their fucking product how dont they know. ITs this kinda shit that pisses me off. Dumb people (i guess i shouldent be talking)

MBATF
12-04-2003, 10:56 AM
LMAO:D

jnolte
12-04-2003, 12:45 PM
But does ANYONE know if they fit, i assuming not.........:(

nokia8860
12-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
But does ANYONE know if they fit, i assuming not.........:(

They dont "bolt on" but you can make them fit by being creative.

Please keep in mind there is drilling to be done to actually mount these to your car.

jnolte
12-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
They dont "bolt on" but you can make them fit by being creative.

Please keep in mind there is drilling to be done to actually mount these to your car.

Do you think would be that hard? Also did you notice any improvments in handling?

nokia8860
12-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Do you think would be that hard?

To install/fab mounting it on a C43. Nope. But then again I am unsure what your skill level is when it comes to creative modifications.

Once you receive the bars and place it on your car you will see where the problem is and it will be up to you to figure out the best way to get around it.

Best of luck and keep us posted of your findings.

CKlasse
12-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Wiechers lady emailed me back. She said they would have to see a picture of the engine bay to know. WHAT THE FUCK kinda answer is that?? Its their fucking product how dont they know. ITs this kinda shit that pisses me off. Dumb people (i guess i shouldent be talking)

The product wasn't originally designed for the C43! It only makes sense to see the engine bay first. But I guess you don't have the C43 to even show her. :D :p

jnolte
12-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I asked the seller and he said that it comes with an adapter plate to mount the throttle cable below the strut bar in the same postiion. was this is the only problem when you guys tryed to install one?

JRE320
12-04-2003, 06:55 PM
You see even with the adaptor it would not work.... :rolleyes: :(

speedybenz
12-04-2003, 08:12 PM
If someone was to order two of them I will buy one and report how best to mount it. I have pretty good fab skills, but not great.

nokia8860
12-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
I have pretty good fab skills, but not great.

psshhhhh then that will mean you wont be able to mount them. :p

you need to have monster garage fabricating skills to master the art of bolting on a strut bar. :bandit:

speedybenz
12-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Shoot and I was hoping I could handle this with my big file and hand drill.

Could you send me the tools list for completing job, or better yet can I come down and have you mount the bar for me.

See ya Saturday.

Thanks, Jeff

moebiusgold
12-04-2003, 09:49 PM
psshhhhh then that will mean you wont be able to mount them. :p

You need to have monster garage fabricating skills to master the art of bolting on a strut bar. :bandit:

Ahh, "Monster Garage" is way down my list of fabrication experts. No offense here but almost everyone I work and play with are at least that good. I would have thought from Jeff's backgrond that he'd have these skills but maybe I'm wrong again.
On this subject a couple of Junkyard Wars were pretty impressive. In my bood as far as fab goes, to be good you can make just about anything from anything. Almost anyone with basic mechanical skills can fab with new material and the correct tools equipment. The next level up is the same with the wrong tools. So junk with the wrong tools into something like a biplane is pretty impressive in my book. Sorry that this doesn't have much to do with a 202. :D

jnolte
12-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
Ahh, "Monster Garage" is way down my list of fabrication experts. No offense here but almost everyone I work and play with are at least that good. I would have thought from Jeff's backgrond that he'd have these skills but maybe I'm wrong again.
On this subject a couple of Junkyard Wars were pretty impressive. In my bood as far as fab goes, to be good you can make just about anything from anything. Almost anyone with basic mechanical skills can fab with new material and the correct tools equipment. The next level up is the same with the wrong tools. So junk with the wrong tools into something like a biplane is pretty impressive in my book. Sorry that this doesn't have much to do with a 202. :D

Okay heres a challenge....;) Fabb me up some custom C43 Strut tower bars!!

JRE320
12-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Joey,
Why don't you show your strut so jnolte
would drop his jaw... :D :p and get more jealous... :D :p :cool:

jnolte
12-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Joey,
Why don't you show your strut so jnolte
would drop his jaw... :D :p and get more jealous... :D :p :cool:

Sounds good to me, lets see joeys strut;)

JRE320
12-04-2003, 11:39 PM

Did you get in touch with Brabus regarding the strut? Or you already got one?

jnolte
12-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Did you get in touch with Brabus regarding the strut? Or you already got one?

I was going to buy struts from that racerxx guy. But i changed my mind, I would like to buy just a rear one and dont want the front because it wont fit, maybe later when i have more $$ i will buy a front and make it fit... I dident know Brabus had one for sale...is it front or rear?? Hmmmmmmm

Renn 208
12-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by moebiusgold

It's okay, you're just missing a little joke.

nokia8860
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM

Ok sure. Here is a portion of it. The rest of it is soooo big it wont fit on your screen. And Im afraid if I show the whole thing it might rip your screen apart.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album20/MVC_493F.sized.jpg

pnsji
12-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
The product wasn't originally designed for the C43! It only makes sense to see the engine bay first. But I guess you don't have the C43 to even show her. :D :p
ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D :D

jnolte
12-05-2003, 02:17 PM
thats cool tho i cant really see the full effect of it

jnolte
12-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D :D

dont be so sure....

JRE320
12-05-2003, 03:40 PM
Ok sure. Here is a portion of it. The rest of it is soooo big it wont fit on your screen. And Im afraid if I show the whole thing it might rip your screen apart.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album20/MVC_493F.sized.jpg

LMAO!!!!! :D :p :D

pnsji
12-05-2003, 03:51 PM
dont be so sure....

well, get the digital camera for christmas and then show some pics :)

speedybenz
12-05-2003, 07:58 PM
I am interested in one of these front bars and have always planned either to modify the Wiechers bar to make it more rigid or use the mounts and fab a new bar.

And Renn208 was right my earlier post was a joke.

I am planning on making my own bar for the rear.

Jeff