PDA

View Full Version : Master relay

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 08:23 AM
My Indian parts guyu said that my master relay contains the intermittent wiper relay. My intermittent function randomly works. There is a pattern. It sometimes works if I put on the turn signal or hit a bump or do a hard accel/decell. I would have guessed stalk switch wiring or steering col. wiring but now I have a 201 821 02 47 relay in my hands. I've never seen it in my C36 and shouldn't the P/N have been 202 something? If it is the right thing, I feel really dumb, where is it?:o :confused:
This is kinda irritating especially in Seattle. Then, if I could just make it variable:D Thanks

nokia8860
12-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Thats the right partnumber for your year of car. Remember MB like any other company will want to maximize profits by sharing parts.

Sorta like older 202 using 124 switches and newer 202 using 202/210/208 switches. Some parts even come from 140.

Location would be your fuse box in the engine compartment. You will have to use a philips screwdriver to remove the cover to get to the back where that relay is plug'd in.

Best of luck.

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks nokia8860, one of the easier R&R's. About 10 Min. and back to reply. I new I had seen it somewhere. I was looking at that on the 2nd day I after buying it. Chalk that up to being an old space case.......:(
And it did the trick to boot!:D

unsp0ken
09-29-2004, 07:37 AM
i'm having a prob similar to this also. my intermittent wiper only wipes once when activated but then it never wipes again. will i need to get the same relay as moebiusgold or is there another is fix?