PDA

View Full Version : Performance Differential

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 08:53 AM
In regards to my C36 and Mike's C43. I have just tried in vain to find 2 different websites that sell "better" differentials, not just a new ratio. My problem is that I ran into them weeks ao and the have fallen off of my history list and I was a dummy and didn't bookmark. I was chasing other stuff at the time. I do remember them saying not with ESP but did offer ones for 94/95 C36. They called the stock a 25% unit and the tweaked ones were up to 75%. I can guess what that means but 1) they were way cheaper than stock:D 2) I have ASR permanetly disabled and Mike's ESP totally disables it when you hit the switch (as in no triangle and the ESP malf. indicator light comes on. I am used to clutch walk (pop, pop, pop...) on other cars, so that is not an issue with me.
Info and links would be greatly appriecated. 10 of my last 16 hours have been devoted to this search and I've plowed into a wall. Any leads or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

speedybenz
12-03-2003, 09:29 AM
I have also spent hours on this, but have found nothing to date.

Keep us posted. And I will do the same.

Jeff

Eurosport
12-03-2003, 09:48 AM
someone's obsessed hehehe:D

Benzmac
12-03-2003, 05:11 PM
We build limited slip differentials.

You take out your unit, send it to us....And $1,500 and a month or so later, you get your diff back with a spring and clutch setup to about 80%....

This is the same unit I use the 11.5 second 120mph quarter mile runs seen here.

Click here!! (http://www.mbautowerks.com/1103drag/1103drag.htm)

J Irwan
12-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Benzmac

You take out your unit, send it to us....And $1,500 and a month or so later, you get your diff back with a spring and clutch setup to about 80%....

Does this LSD will work with Existing ASR..?
Do you have a way of completely disabling ASR on MB car..?

Regardz,

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 08:11 PM

Thanks, You're the missing link:cool: . I'll have one your way next week. :D :D :D :D :D :D

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
Does this LSD will work with Existing ASR..?
Do you have a way of completely disabling ASR on MB car..?

Regardz,

J read my posts about totally dissabling the ASR. You have to do it! Its the best thing that I did so far:D :D I reccomend shorting pins 1 and 6 in the X-11/4 diagnostic port connector. In 5 minutes you'll have a smile on your face.:cool: :cool: :D

Benzmac
12-04-2003, 04:55 PM
We usually take out any form of traction control for our performance cars because they cut power first then apply the brakes.

We don't ever want the possiblilty of a computer closing the throttle body or clamping brakes.

moebiusgold
12-04-2003, 05:21 PM
We usually take out any form of traction control for our performance cars because they cut power first then apply the brakes.

We don't ever want the possiblilty of a computer closing the throttle body or clamping brakes.

Got that right. I just wish ESP had multiple modes. Like:

1) Normal mode for grandma drivers.
2) Performance drag race. Only apply one rear brake to the wheel that is spinning faster. You could even have an open rearend.
3) Performance road race. Only apply brake to inside wheels.

Options 2 & 3 never never reduce/affect the engine output or shifting. If I could just get some hacker to do this I bet we'd have lots of happier MB owners out there.:D :cool:

98c43amg
12-04-2003, 07:57 PM

Great pricing... As I don't see a supercharger in my future, can you also provide different gearing [ring & pinion] along with the LSD customization? I'd like something like 3.45:1 or even upwards to 3.7:1 gearing (though the latter really calls for the redline increased to say 7K rpm)

thanx,
-steve

speedybenz
12-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Benzmac,

If say three of us get together and send you 3 diff's at the same time could the time to complete the job be shortened?

I am also looking to go to a 3.46:1 or so gearing also.

Jeff

moebiusgold
12-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Damm, I wish this was my goldmine. Maybe I should send in 2?:D

98c43amg
12-06-2003, 05:08 PM

BTW, HeHe... Love the pictures. ...Kicked ass, and against a Grand National of all things too! I luv it. Folks are way too enamored with the Grand National IMO. Though that speed and time of it's way off. Something must'a been wrong wid'it.

moebiusgold
12-07-2003, 08:59 AM

Benzmac
Could you Email me with shippping instructions? I also would like to know if I have to ship the comple Dif. or can I just send the Carrier? If clearence maching needs to be done to the housing I can probably do it myself. I'm going to just send 1 cuz I don't think I can handle both being down for a month or more at the same time. That leads to the nest question. What would it take to speed up the process?
Where did the RENNtech carbon cold air filter box with the 4 monster snorkles picture go?
BTW, nice rides, nice location, nice time slip (too bad the other lane wasn't a C5 or M5), & nice shop.
:D ;)

Benzmac
12-07-2003, 05:20 PM
I need the carrier and the sideshafts. The carrier is the part that houses the spiders. (I bet you know that.)

Any way.

You can call for details.

MB Autowerks. 678-482-6553 8-5 est.

moebiusgold
12-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks Benzmac. My plans changed again. Mike's insurance will pay for a complete R&R. If I do it, they wont pay for labor, cuz I'm not certified.:( . This way I get all new parts and I save my time, I hope. His plans changed and he had to go to Cali for 2 weeks, so this will happen when he gets back. This fact is delaying the title transfer.:( I'll call for details in a couple of weeks. Thanks again.

98c43amg
12-09-2003, 06:45 AM
Off topic, and sorry if it was discussed on another thread, but regarding "insurance", are you talking about Mike, a.k.a. WildWest, with the HPS supercharged C43? Did he smack it up?

moebiusgold
12-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
Off topic, and sorry if it was discussed on another thread, but regarding "insurance", are you talking about Mike, a.k.a. WildWest, with the HPS supercharged C43? Did he smack it up?

Nope, he had extended insurance. Boy, did they loose money on him. He did get rear ended but it still has the orig bumper cover. The lady that did it freaked out. Mike kinda made out good with that.