PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

Mr C280
12-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Does any one know if any of these two will fit on my car and improve performance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=2446525678

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=2446506340

moebiusgold
12-03-2003, 09:19 PM
If you are a good fabricator or have lots of $ it would work. I think that you would have to overdrive it a bit. It would not be optimum but for sure better than stock. If you have the $ I'd buy the turbo kit.:) Its all pre engineered and there's a lot to be said for that.:D

Renn 208
12-03-2003, 09:24 PM
not a good idea unless you know exactly how it's going to work out. I've already seen one MB kompressor transplant project go south.

There's more to putting on a supercharger than just slapping one on.

And I would say that there are smarter ways to increase your car's performance.

Mr C280
12-03-2003, 09:29 PM
how would i go by doing that
as long as i wouldnt be spending lots of money

Renn 208
12-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr C280
how would i go by doing that

Well, we'd have to start with your goals...what do you want to accomplish with your car? dyno queen? a little more pep? track monster? 1/4 mile? The more that you can tell us what you want your car to do, the better to steer you in the right direction.

And if it was just for the audacity of fitting an old MB compressor on your car, I would think that it could end up being a money pit.

Also, for the moment I'm assuming that you have a V6, since you're looking at those blowers in particular.

sorbo
12-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Yes lots of $$$$ are needed!!!! but more importantly i remember reading (i believe it was on this site some where) that the slk supercharger can't push enough air to be effective one a 280, it is coming off a slk 230K so that is a .5 litter jump in displacement.
The supercharger from the E-class is from a 2.3L(a euro model? said he didn't know where it came from, a little shady?) the same problem with air volume would apply for that charger as well.

CKlasse
12-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr C280

Wrong mentality to start with :(

The key to this project is the clutch controller and fuel mapping. If you can push just enough air into the 2.8L to keep 12:1 AFR and if you must, lower the compression a bit, then you'll be fine.

All these = $