PDA

View Full Version : Shocks or Springs? Which should I do first?

jlomon
12-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, but I've so far been very impressed with the exchange of valuable information I have seen in other threads. I have a 1994 C280 with about 80K miles on it. I have made the decision to upgrade the shocks to Bilstein HD and the springs to the Eibach Pro Kit. Now in a perfect world I would do both at the same time. But my wallet doesn't live in that perfect world, and I can afford to do one or the other right now. My question is this: which one should I do first, and why?

I don't feel that the springs or shocks are broken, so there isn't a concern with needing to replace them. I'm sure they are both showing their age, but nothing worse than that. And I will have both elements replaced by summer 2004. I'm just wondering what makes the most sense to do first.

Thanks,

Jonathan

714guy
12-06-2003, 09:25 AM
springs b/c they will make the car look better, then later on get shocks when they're gone.

Welcome to da club.

Renn 208
12-06-2003, 10:05 AM
depending on your installation costs, you might want to consider saving up for both and installing them at once. That might turn out to make more sense (assuming that you have had the same shocks for the 80K miles)

C280 JR
12-06-2003, 06:18 PM
what renn said, but next to that it will be cheaper when u decide to bring your car back to stock, cause if u only get the springs, latter on you will need to get stock shocks which will be blown

Elvir