PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Hoodstar

davis449
12-10-2003, 08:19 AM
My sister's hood star got jacked and she wants a new one for Christmas. I would like to get her one of the ones you can pop out and take with you. Where do I get one? I did a search and it didn't help. Since this might become my car soon, I would very much appreciate the help.

jnolte
12-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I got a stock OEM one from my old C36......

merc_lover
12-10-2003, 10:53 AM
is there a mercedes star emblem that u can pop out and take with u??and pop it back in when u come back?? like a detachable radio head unit?? hahahah that is soo weird!

sorbo
12-10-2003, 11:16 AM
i almost got one of those removable stars after mine got stolen by some punk kid. my dealer had some in stock, so i would just call your dealer for the part #. something to keep in mind is that if she forgets to take out the star it makes it a lot easier for everyone eles to steal. i just capped mine (for the school year) then in the summer put the star(standard kind) back in, i started to like having it capped off you get used to it fast, but then when the star is on i love looking down the hood to that perfect ending. but if this is a chronic promblem get a removable star it costs more now but it's cheaper than two normal stars.

qqbennyqq
12-10-2003, 11:35 AM
i know they have them in taiwan. hehe they made them so that in ASIA the drunks on teh damn street will just key the hell out of ur car instead of jacking ur star and usin it to pick their teeth or somethin.

davis449
12-10-2003, 02:52 PM
something to keep in mind is that if she forgets to take out the star it makes it a lot easier for everyone eles to steal.

Yeah, but if someone's hell bent on stealing it, they're gonna get it anyway. With the removable one, there's less chance of actual damage to your hood. Thanks for the help.