PDA

View Full Version : power fluxuation from motor(c36 amg)

Devin
12-11-2003, 04:57 PM
when my engine is just warming up at bout 40 deg. the car seems to have more power, as the engine reaches operating temp. power dies out... car has recieved fresh new plugs and wires and all fluids 150 km's on the motor

jnolte
12-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Same thing on my old C36, heat kills HP.

moebiusgold
12-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
Unfortunately, it takes above 180 Deg F to vaporize 99% of what auto gas is made of. This equates to better emissions and better engine life and durability. When you lean on a motor all that goes out the window.
So high temp means that "gas" is not going to turn into a gas faster, more completely, more uniformly, blahabla.. With no cats you could run way richer, with more advance, with CAI, ..., and make a lot more power. But then if you used it that way it'd have to be rebuilt at a fraction of the milage of a stocker.
So what happens when it has been partly warmed up , or a bit after a hot shutdown, The ecu says, cooler intake=denser charge=more O2=need more gas. It also says cool water=less octane requirement=more advance=more power:D :D . Computors are cool when they do this for you.:cool: :D :cool: I want an EPROM for my C's.:D And keep the Cats for the emissions checks.;)

J Irwan
12-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jnolte

No it is not normall...!!!

Geez..

that means something wrong with your car..

The engine is designed to produce the optimum performance under normal engine operating temp (not too cold, not to hot)

if under this temp, your car doesn't perform it peaks, then time to rebuild you motor.

Devin,

What is the sympton that you have..?
What do you determine by power loss..??
maybe you could elaborate more

Also what year is your C36..?

just for your information, even with the engine temp at 80-90 my car still running like crazy..

just to say the car only produce most power at engine temp 40 deg just a little odd

Regardz,

jnolte
12-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
No it is not normall...!!!

Geez..

that means something wrong with your car..

The engine is designed to produce the optimum performance under normal engine operating temp (not too cold, not to hot)

if under this temp, your car doesn't perform it peaks, then time to rebuild you motor.

Devin,

What is the sympton that you have..?
What do you determine by power loss..??
maybe you could elaborate more

Also what year is your C36..?

just for your information, even with the engine temp at 80-90 my car still running like crazy..

just to say the car only produce most power at engine temp 40 deg just a little odd

Regardz,

I needed a new thermostat and radiator core i think.