PDA

View Full Version : part # catalog

sorbo
12-13-2003, 05:59 PM
I was looking through my starmark info when this little card fell out. the car was from MB and said that if i turned it in with my info they would send me a free (cost of a stamp) part catalog with pics of the part for my car. i am going to send it in on monday hopefully it could be of some use, if so we (club 202) should get one for every model.

If anyone has experience with these catalogs are they any good? also did anyone else receive that card?

sph17
12-31-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by sorbo
I was looking through my starmark info when this little card fell out. the car was from MB and said that if i turned it in with my info they would send me a free (cost of a stamp) part catalog with pics of the part for my car. i am going to send it in on monday hopefully it could be of some use, if so we (club 202) should get one for every model.

If anyone has experience with these catalogs are they any good? also did anyone else receive that card?

I found these parts catalogues very helpful for my W123 as they give you exploded views of how the parts fit toghter, and also allow you to identify the parts at the MB dealer by pointing to the picture (or faxing the pix to the parts guy, with the item you need circled) and saying I want one of these.

I tried to get one for my first W202 and was told by MB CS that they didn't make them any more. If you are able to get one for your W202, please let us know, as I have been trying to get one for a year now. A part number off the front would be golden.

Thanks!!

DRM
02-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Hey Sorbo, did you ever get that part catalogue?

xvvvz
02-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Not as much fun as your own hard copy of a catalog, but you can always use:

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1

Additionally, you can often find used copies of the Mercedes EPC (electronic parts catalog) on ebay.