PDA

View Full Version : faded headlight lens

BoominVolvo
12-18-2003, 12:59 AM
Does anyone know the best way to clean my headlight lens that is faded. One is very clear (looks like it was replaced), and my other one is kinda faded. Is there a way to clean it, or should I just replace the lens?

Thanks

Martin

jnolte
12-18-2003, 01:26 AM
I had this same problem but with my foglight lens. One had broke so i replaced it, but then the one on the other side looked all fuzzy and blurry. I think this is due too little rock chips and normal wear and tear. I dont think it cleans off. I say get a new one but u may be able to clean it, maybe there is dirt on the inside of the lens?

FreeStyler
12-18-2003, 06:55 AM
Its kinda funny because my right lens is crystal clear looks very nice, but my left headlight is stained yellow on the inside, not on the outside of it. Can I take it off and clean it?

714guy
12-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
Its kinda funny because my right lens is crystal clear looks very nice, but my left headlight is stained yellow on the inside, not on the outside of it. Can I take it off and clean it?

same thing here with mine that little surround on the inside turn yellow, but should be silver. So just took it out, but i think iam goin to get them chromed soon so that it looks brighter.

Eurosport
12-18-2003, 07:55 AM
i think check out the source that caused it to fade
most common it's the back cover of the headlight is not fully pushed in, or the seal around it it's bad, or the clips are broken causing little of everything (including water) to get in there.