PDA

View Full Version : Garage door opener

714guy
12-18-2003, 11:59 AM
i just got a new garage opener and it doesn't work with the transmitter thats in the car, does anybody know why??

My old one worked, but not the new one. Is it b/c of the rolling code thingy on the new opener???

thanks for the help

sf280
12-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
i just got a new garage opener and it doesn't work with the transmitter thats in the car, does anybody know why??

My old one worked, but not the new one. Is it b/c of the rolling code thingy on the new opener???

thanks for the help

I am in the same boat - my old garage worked great, now I just moved and it does not work at my new garage. I went through all of the steps and the blinking indicated that it worked, but I go to press the button and NOPE. Kind of pissed because I now have to keep out the opener.

714guy
12-18-2003, 12:18 PM
yeh me too, i m pissed b/c i have that ugly looking thing in my car and can't use them nice looking buttons on the visor instead. My guess is it b/c of the rolling codes that constantly change, but i just want to make sure before i give up hope.

Renn 208
12-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Garage doors with rolling codes will not work with the car integrated openers as they are. They only send the exact signal taught to it.

I'm in the same boat.

sf280
12-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok so Google is pretty f'ing cool - the ads at the bottom of this thread are for

http://www.aaadooropeners.com/

and

http://www.garagedooropenerparts.net/

manny
12-18-2003, 12:48 PM
If you follow the instructions in the MB manual, your garage door opener WILL work, even with rolling codes.
Mine does. ;)

sf280
12-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by manny
If you follow the instructions in the MB manual, your garage door opener WILL work, even with rolling codes.
Mine does. ;)

I followed the steps three different tries and none of them worked. Instead of a ;) is there something to know because I did it word for word.

Renn 208
12-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Perhaps I should give it another try?

I'm using a craftsman opener bought less than a year ago...what do you have?

714guy
12-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by manny
Mine does. ;)

are you sure I've tried so many times and it doesn't work. ihave a chamberlift security + opener.

714guy
12-18-2003, 01:03 PM
ok just looked at this linked maybe it will work

http://www.homelink.com/program/gdo.html

ok i just tried it several time and still no luck, let me know if anybody has luck.

thanks

ryhi
12-18-2003, 02:23 PM
on the actual garage door opener there should be a red button that u have to press when u are programming the one in ur car

Renn 208
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
I'll def have to try that out....

manny
12-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
on the actual garage door opener there should be a red button that u have to press when u are programming the one in ur car

Yes, that red button is key to synchronizing the whole works.

J Irwan
12-19-2003, 03:12 PM
714 don't sweat it

if it doesn't work then it doesn't work

The Mercedes homelink is not compatible with all garage opener.

If you read your manual there should be a 1800 number to tell you where to get more info.

I tried to program it on my car, with no luck, but when I program my Sister 2001 A4 it works just fine
So does my bro-girlfriend 99 CLK320

Regardz,

714guy
12-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
714 don't sweat it

if it doesn't work then it doesn't work

The Mercedes homelink is not compatible with all garage opener.

If you read your manual there should be a 1800 number to tell you where to get more info.

I tried to program it on my car, with no luck, but when I program my Sister 2001 A4 it works just fine
So does my bro-girlfriend 99 CLK320

Regardz,

yeah i am kinda over it now , spent to much time trying it already and i guess it doesn't work.

hvmercy
12-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
ok just looked at this linked maybe it will work

http://www.homelink.com/program/gdo.html

ok i just tried it several time and still no luck, let me know if anybody has luck.

thanks

(On Liftmaster Security+)
Tried it 2 days ago - Didn't work
Tried it yesterday - Didn't work
Tried it today - Didn't work

Tried it word for word as per instruction manual and printed out the ones from the internet.. then followed it. It just plain DON'T WORK!!!

I'm giving up. I'll just have to carry the garage clicker...

regards,
hvmercy