PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get 3M Double stick tape?

jnolte
12-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Okay i finally got the RIGHT 2.25 Round AMG badge for the car. But it dosent have 3M tape with it. Naybody know where i can buy some? Just a little bit not much.. i have never seen it in stores. I will check at a local body shop but anybody know where i can get some for sure?

thanks!

MBATF
12-18-2003, 06:42 PM
local Hardware store liek ACE, HomeDpt, Yardbird and etc...

Eurosport
12-19-2003, 12:01 AM
office depot has it too

marksbenz
12-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Homedepot for sure got some....

benzdude
12-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Target, home depot, any hardware store... (he doesnt get out much):confused:

MBATF
12-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by benzdude
Target, home depot, any hardware store... (he doesnt get out much):confused: true, or maybe he never really repaired anything that he had to go to hardware store, its ok, it happens to a lot of guys.:D

kameraguy
12-19-2003, 09:51 AM
I've only seen those places carry the double sided tape for home use (the stuff with the white tape). Does anyone know where to find the tackier black 3m tape? I think that would be a lot better.

I use the 3m white doublesided tape for my RC cars and that barely holds that stuff together after driving. I can imagine the badge flying off after a few bouts with rain...that tape will be toast after not much time. Just a thought.

edit: shoot, i should have looked in my RC case sooner. If the white 3m tape isn't strong enough, and you can't find the stronger black version, the go to a hobby shop that has RC cars and ask for servo tape. This crap is almost the same as the 3m black tape...if not the exact same thing. This crap is strong!

benzdude
12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
I used 3m outdoor double strength tape to reinforce my EL sills and it works great.

Got it at target, in the home improvement dept.

BenzMeister
12-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MBATF
local Hardware store liek ACE, HomeDpt, Yardbird and etc...

I've found the tape that the hardware stores sell is not the same as manufacuters and dealers use. If you know a body shop see if you can buy some from them, that's what I do.

jnolte
12-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by benzdude
Target, home depot, any hardware store... (he doesnt get out much):confused:

hhaha funny joke , ive seen it before but its not the good kind, its not tacky enough, i just bought some automotive kind at a body shop today.