PDA

View Full Version : anyone running spacers?

KenzBenz
12-22-2003, 12:46 AM
anyone running spacers on their c36??

JRE320
12-22-2003, 05:24 AM
As far I know theirs no one running any spacer at all.

Scotty-C190E
12-22-2003, 10:45 AM
The purpose of spacers is stupid to me for benz? Just get fatter wheels and tires??? :confused:

nokia8860
12-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Scotty-C190E
The purpose of spacers is stupid to me for benz? Just get fatter wheels and tires??? :confused:

There are many reasons why people would put spacers on any type of car regardless of make.

I run H&R in the rear because I wanted to run a wider track out back and buying a new Carlsson 1/16 RS then having it powder coated is out of the question because they are no longer in production and the cost factor is something I wish not to do right now. And I know I am FAR from being stupid.

But then we would be going away from the original questions. While I dont own a C36 I do run spacers on my 202. What would you like to know KenzBenz?

pnsji
12-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Actually, I know most Lorinser wheels come with spacers.
They only make 1 dimension of the wheels with a very high offset. Depending on which car you want the wheel for, they have different spacers that screws on the back of the wheel.

But the Q is, what is KenzBenz trying to do?

KenzBenz
12-22-2003, 03:09 PM
oh im trying to put my movens on the front but the caliper is too big thats why i need them. TWS sent me some hubcentric spacers but they dont sit flush on my hub..he said those are the spacers that mercedes uses so im wondering if the hub on a c36 is different from other c classes.

speedybenz
12-22-2003, 08:52 PM
The wheel doesn't fit flush on the spacer or the spacer does not fit flush on the hub.

If it's the latter then you would need to clean the surface of your hub. I know the spacers I have did not want to fit flush also because the hub was dirty. Once I cleaned it everything was fine.

Is that your situation?

Jeff

KenzBenz
12-23-2003, 01:11 AM
the problem is that the spacer doesnt fit the hub correctly. the spacers i have are used for mercedes but not on mine since it wont fit...i wonder what kind do i need then..

speedybenz
12-23-2003, 08:25 AM
I am guessing the inside diameter of the spacer where it slides onto the hub is too small so it will not fit right?.

If so have TWS or a local machine shop remove a little aluminum on the spacer to allow it to slide on.

If you have a pic I could help you out further.

You could bring them up to my house in Sacto I and I could do the machining for you and see that they fit right, provided you brough the car with you.

Jeff

KenzBenz
12-25-2003, 10:51 AM
hey thanks speedybenz, what would be a good time next week? and you know where i can get longer lugs that'll fit?

KenzBenz
12-25-2003, 10:55 AM
I am guessing the inside diameter of the spacer where it slides onto the hub is too small so it will not fit right?.
and yes that is exactly the problem

fastmayte
01-23-2004, 08:12 PM
hey. thinking about adding just a few mm to the back. prolly like 5mm. would i need longer lug bolts? or would the stock ones hold ok?
thanks

manny
01-24-2004, 04:24 AM
Take a wheel off, stick a bolt through it, add 5 mm and check.
Your should have about 6 threads going into the hub.
If you don't have enough length, get longer bolts. ;)