PDA

View Full Version : Need help spending money!!

neema12
12-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone, this is my first post here but I have been looking around for awile. I am 16 and will be reciving a benz in a few months. I am expected to maintain the car after my parents pay for the first year insurance and 100k mile checkup. I live in San francisco, Cali and hope to come to the meetings club202 has. Heres my question. I am an sound/video/computer type of person, and am saving around $3k to spend on my car during the first 3 months from work and savings. My complete sound/video/computer system will cost around $2k. I plan to do this system myself, but slowly learn how to do mods.

The car is a white c220 benz 1995 all stock. 100k miles, but well taken care of its life. I will take the car for a 100k check up, and although I have read around this site using search, I have not had exact answers reguarding the checkup.

I have alwasys thought that modding a car exterior would attract attention towards my sound/video system, certianlly in in San Francsico. I plan to tint my windows with a white fade, and change to shoes on my car. I need help choosing the parts, such as air filters, body mods, mufflers, ect. I dont know what brands, prices, and where to find them, so please list a few mods for the exterior of the 95' c202. I hope this is easy to read, Thank you everyone

CKlasse
12-26-2003, 12:14 PM
ummf.. get a DUAL EXHAUST from moi! :D

neema12
12-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Can you please explain this exhaust and why its a good choice. Also a link or more info about this product? Thanks

CKlasse
12-26-2003, 02:51 PM
I ll try to get into details when I get home. Browse this (http://www.jonestuning.com/November2003)

I think I uploaded some dual pictures last month.

jnolte
12-26-2003, 05:24 PM
I know what u can spend ur money on, give it to me so i can buy dual exhaust!!!!!!!

marksbenz
12-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Do the basic first. Get some Bosch clear corners and change your grill. And lower your car.

moebiusgold
12-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
I ll try to get into details when I get home. Browse this (http://www.jonestuning.com/November2003)

I think I uploaded some dual pictures last month.

CKlasse, What do those V-8 headers belong too? Any way to make long primary ( 28"-32" ) headers for a C43 without slip joints? Nice pics! :D

nudymeyer6
12-26-2003, 09:59 PM
neema12, 1st, get a rieger kit all around, 2nd, get your car slammed(lowered way low),3rd, some kick but rims(talk to jre about those,he'll get you a way good price), 4th,euro trunk(cant remember who had one of those for sale a little while ago, little help guys:Ponder: ),5th, euro license plate, 6th, clear corners and side markers, 7th, the antenna conversion (so that you dont have the stock one, you have that one in your car so it is stationary),8th, hid's, 9th, maybe a flat hood emblem(depends on your taste),10th, exhaust(talk to clkass, he knows his stuff),11th, stabalizing bar(front and rear),12th, cai (do a search and you will find a bunch of info on how to make your own), 13th, interior ivory amg gauges(once again depends on your taste, i love them!),14th, new wood e55 shift nob, 15, save up for eternity and buy an e55 motor and have it put into your car and turn your 220 into the o'so arousing "C55". then you will have one sick mercedes.:D . good luck man! ;) ...haha, a 15yr old just told a 16yr old all that, dont tell your friends, you will get made fun of.:laugh: :silly:

neema12
12-26-2003, 10:22 PM
Well, half of the things that many of you have listed I dont have a clue what they are good for and why they are needed. I dont think I will be needing strut bars becasue I wont be doing any racing. I can understand slamming it, dubs, grill, clear corners, tints, and a few others. Will someone please help me decide what is really usefull, remember, I have a budget and need to choose the best items. Thanks

ruffino28
12-26-2003, 10:40 PM
$3k u can get new brabus mono V or VI rims, tires, h&r springs & shocks

CKlasse
12-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
CKlasse, What do those V-8 headers belong too? Any way to make long primary ( 28"-32" ) headers for a C43 without slip joints? Nice pics! :D

We do a lot of headers, I cannot remember what those headers are for. And yes, we usually build header with mandrel bent pieces and have a the machine shop mandrel bend a ready product for us. I looked at a C43 exhaust manifold once... there is hardly room to play with. It would be one cool project though! :)

neema12
12-28-2003, 10:14 AM
how does lowering my car help its performance. Also, where can I find these parts, such as lights, rims, and springs.

jnolte
12-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by neema12
how does lowering my car help its performance. Also, where can I find these parts, such as lights, rims, and springs.

Lowring car makes a lower center of gravity which means less body roll.

You can find these parts at.

www.Autoclass.net

www.bekkers.com

www.ebaymotors.com

www.tirerack.com

www.evosport.com

www.rpiequipped.com

oce420
12-28-2003, 11:00 AM
I have a nice SL Style grille for your W202....

Do:
1. SL style Grille :D
2. Clear corners
3. Sound system
4. drop
5. rims
6. tint

neema12
12-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Do you think I really should lower my car? I have a limited budget and need to spend money wisely. How does the feel differ from stock springs? Also, how will this work be done, by me or somebody else? Heres my list sofar.
1. Tint windows
2. Sound
3. Clear lens
4. Chrome grill
5. Rims+tires
6. Slam+brakes

davis449
12-29-2003, 05:35 AM
The grill and the clear corners are DIY. Everything else you've listed is probably going to have to be done by someone else. With the exception of maybe the sound part cause most sound places won't touch Bose (if you have it) in a Mercedes. A lot of it depends solely on your ability to do mechanic work on cars.

nudymeyer6
12-29-2003, 11:11 AM
hate to brake it to you bud, but i dont think you can get all that for 3k. and about the sl grill, it all depends on your taste i personally think it looks like shit but do whatever you like on it. any mod deserves props because that person put a lot of work into it and deserves some respect. just a thought...oh, and oce 420, your name would not have anything to do with april 20th would it?:cool: is that how you afford your benze is by selling...umm, product?...haha, just wondering. jnolte you know what i mean.:cool: :bandit: :cool: :bandit: