PDA

View Full Version : Perfect fitting xenon

36SlaMMed
12-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know of any company that makes xenon lights that would fit directly into a w202 headlight without cutting and pasting?? Im looking for about 6000- 7000k. I want the purple look

thx

jnolte
12-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Wait like FULL HID? Like J Irwans? You can get those from bekkers.com.

or just Xenon bulbs, from ebay or any automotive store. Piaas i think are the brightest, they look just like real HID

36SlaMMed
12-27-2003, 01:57 PM
I want HID, but i dont want a whole kit with the headlight and everything, just the light and ballast and wiring. But i want one that fits without modifications.

thx

J Irwan
12-27-2003, 02:20 PM
There is no perfect fitting for retro-fit Xenon..

The name itself pretty self-explanatory.

You want everthing that perfect FIT go for OEM.

Please do a search on Xenon lightnigh or HID in this forum !

There has been quite a few people were in your same situation and there has been quite a discussion around the subject.

I just don't want to repeat all the information that already there.

I hope you get better idea of which one is best to go for.. ;)

Regardz,

nokia8860
12-29-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
There is no perfect fitting for retro-fit Xenon..

Exactly. Remember even though you get the correct base for your housing your clips will need to be modified/cut to actually try to hold the xenon lights in the housing as well.

For upgrading lights on your 202 you really only have 2 options. Install e-code lens, lighting relays and higher watt halogen bulbs OR buy the entire xenon lights from your dealer or bekkers.com.

Any other way of increasing lighting is just a waste of time. Ive done ever single lighting upgrade to avoid oem xenons and at the spent more money than buying oem in the first place. And what did I end up with, yep oem xenon.