PDA

View Full Version : Nos

36SlaMMed
12-27-2003, 02:17 PM
I did a search and didnt find anything on NOS systems. I was considering a NOS system for my c36. I can get one for 800 installed, just didnt know if i should get dry, wet, or how many shots. If anyone has any info its appreciated.

thx

merc_lover
12-27-2003, 02:23 PM
NOS is 4 the riced up cars man! on a merc, NOS is kinda...well they just dont mix :mad:

merc_lover
12-27-2003, 02:25 PM
sorry... dont mean to put u down bro...i also wanted to put nos in mine, but i decided to save up for a proper turbo..... nos is really dangerous 4 merc engines.... they dont withstand that much kick....u might get 60-80 hp more out of that without having to reinforce ur engine....

jnolte
12-27-2003, 02:38 PM
there was a local guy up here in WA, RollinAMG is his SN. He had NOS in his C36. I dont know him, DLS may though, it hink they have met

714guy
12-27-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by merc_lover
sorry... dont mean to put u down bro...i also wanted to put nos in mine, but i decided to save up for a proper turbo..... nos is really dangerous 4 merc engines.... they dont withstand that much kick....u might get 60-80 hp more out of that without having to reinforce ur engine....

Nos and turbo Both are dangerous for a stock car if not done right, NOS is fine if you know what your doing, and tubro can just as easily Fuck your car as NOS can. Whats with this "NOS is rice crap" :rolleyes: Some people just want to go fast and dont have that much $$$$ to spend.

714guy
12-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by 36SlaMMed
I did a search and didnt find anything on NOS systems. I was considering a NOS system for my c36. I can get one for 800 installed, just didnt know if i should get dry, wet, or how many shots. If anyone has any info its appreciated.

thx

I think you should get a wet 60 shot system just to stay on the safe side.

WeatherMan
12-27-2003, 06:15 PM
NOS is fine for those wanted extra kick in 1/4 mi runs, etc... nothing rice about that at all!

Plus, MB engines can certainly handle NOS- just ask anyone that works on them... but just don't get too carried away with it.

Even the older M119 motor has a NOS setup from Bergwerks- check it out: www.bergwerks.com (http://www.bergwerks.com/M119nitrous.jsp). These guys have spent some time on this one- they also have a Nitrous Q&A section toward the bottom of the page, so if you have questions about nitrous, read info from experts here.

So if you want some cheap dragstrip hp, go for it! :D

merc_lover
12-28-2003, 04:29 AM
i dunno man, i was flamed when i asked 'bout NOS in my 220.... but really it is kinda weird to plug in a bottle of NOS in a merc!....just my .02

edit- plus hes only gonna get 50 or 60 hp more.....

714guy
12-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by merc_lover
i dunno man, i was flamed when i asked 'bout NOS in my 220.... but really it is kinda weird to plug in a bottle of NOS in a merc!....just my .02

edit- plus hes only gonna get 50 or 60 hp more.....

50-60 is alot of HP, Turbo or SC might not even get that much.

merc_lover
12-28-2003, 07:46 AM
u wouldnt notice it that much.....
but anyways.. nice car 714guy! :D:D

merc_lover
12-28-2003, 07:47 AM
hahahah im gonna stalk u now man! hahah i just love ur ride.....

CKlasse
12-28-2003, 08:37 AM

thx

Anyone who said NOS is dangerous probably has no experience with the NOS itself. Just about 1 in 5 cars I worked on daily has some kind of force induction/Nitrous Oxide systems on them. As long as you fully understand what Nitro is all about, I say go for it. I used to have a 120hp NOS shot on a JE built 4 bangers.

I would go for the Wet system and monitor your AFR. Stay closer to 12:1, and you have yourself a monsterous C36. :)

sleek_benzo
12-29-2003, 07:15 AM
if you want good reliable power.. i would say go with direct port about 60-80 shot... it should easily sustain the power.. but if you want to red light to red light.. go with the single fogger

98_Benzo
12-29-2003, 10:47 AM
If you play with the NOS system enough, you can make it so it shoots at high RPM's, instead of having to hit a button when you want it. A buddy of mine figured away to hook it up that way, he is also an Electrical Engineer, but it's possible and safe. Just an idea!!!

nudymeyer6
12-29-2003, 12:05 PM
i would just suggest that you do a wet 50-60 shot. have it proffesionally installed, and if you want your benze to last a long time i woulld suggest not using it every time you drive your car. but i agree there is nothing rice about using nos.;)

36SlaMMed
12-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Anyone who said NOS is dangerous probably has no experience with the NOS itself. Just about 1 in 5 cars I worked on daily has some kind of force induction/Nitrous Oxide systems on them. As long as you fully understand what Nitro is all about, I say go for it. I used to have a 120hp NOS shot on a JE built 4 bangers.

I would go for the Wet system and monitor your AFR. Stay closer to 12:1, and you have yourself a monsterous C36. :)

Whats AFR, and how can you adjust the compression? from what i know the c36 is somewhere like 10/1

moebiusgold
12-29-2003, 07:52 PM
AFR = Air Fuel Ratio. Stoichmetric is 13.8 : 1. 12 is rich. Reduces the chance of detonation. Usually a little leaner than that results in the most power but if you get just a little on the lean in any cyl. bad things can happen.:( ;)

nudymeyer6
12-29-2003, 08:45 PM
i tried to go to that link to look at your awsome nos mercedes and it wont work. says their is an error. can you fix it i would like to see this sweet mercedes.

CKlasse
12-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Whats AFR, and how can you adjust the compression? from what i know the c36 is somewhere like 10/1

Moe explained the AFR part already. As far as compression, I know a place in Seattle who can custom build your gasket to lower the compression. :)

jnolte
12-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Moe explained the AFR part already. As far as compression, I know a place in Seattle who can custom build your gasket to lower the compression. :)

Where in seattle?!?

nudymeyer6
12-31-2003, 08:05 AM
but if you get a thicker gasget to get lower compression wouldn't that ruin the whole reason you got nos, wich is to increase compression and get more power because of the extra preasure because of extra compression? get what i am saying?;)

CKlasse
12-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by nudymeyer6
but if you get a thicker gasget to get lower compression wouldn't that ruin the whole reason you got nos, wich is to increase compression and get more power because of the extra preasure because of extra compression? get what i am saying?;)

Forced induction requires lower compression to prevent pre-detonation! :rolleyes:

randy@5280wheel
12-31-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by nudymeyer6

The c/r is lowered to increase the volume of the combustion chamber, hence more boost can be dialed in to fill the increased capacity. Larger quantity of air coming in means a larger quantity of air/fuel mixture into the cylinder, and hence more power.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

nudymeyer6
01-01-2004, 07:44 PM
perfect sense! i'm sorry when i wrote that post i was particularly tired and therefore was not thinking strait. i have learned that before in a magazine...or i just got bored and figured it out...cant remember?

MBATF
01-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Forced induction requires lower compression to prevent pre-detonation! :rolleyes: Meng.. CKlass if you were a female today i woulda married u already just for able to help me out on my benz problems....but then again its too bad taht u r not female, and i don't like teh same sex...i perffer fish.:D

36SlaMMed
01-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know the fuel psi in the c36? This is an important factor in the nos process.

And an update i ordered a zex wet kit 75-125 shot. Going to install next week.

CKlasse
01-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Lease a fuel pressure gauge from your local part store (or buy them for about $30)... screw the gauge into your fuel line feed that goes into the fuel rail... then 'key on' without cranking. Tada !

Just a suggestion.. get an aftermarket fuel pump (60 psi) and replace your fuel filter for your NOS setup. :)