PDA

View Full Version : just got fenders rolled.

714guy
12-30-2003, 12:03 PM
no more rubbing yeah, just in time for my trip to LV.

Anyways i was watching the Pete at TWS do it and its actually not to hard. basic tools were flat hammer and heat gun. once he heated up the inside of the fender, he slowly pounded the lip in. he used a grinder to grind the bumper down a little and thats pretty much it. This is definately a DIYer job if got the tools and some skill.

jnolte
12-30-2003, 12:11 PM
I use a bat and a heat gun, its easyjust dont crack the paint

Luwin1026
12-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeah, those methods usually do the trick. But for my rear, I had it rolled several times and Pete told me that it was all he can do, so I had to beg Pete to use the Haweka for a more involved process, and thankfully he obliged. :D

qqbennyqq
12-30-2003, 02:25 PM
hi how much is it to get fender rolled? at tws?

36SlaMMed
12-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Has anyone flared out their fenders in this forum? Some people i know are willing to do it on my car with a special machine. But I dont know imthinking that the paint will chip.

thx

36SlaMMed
12-30-2003, 02:28 PM
qqbennyqq Can you post pic of your car, my freind is looking around right now for a c class or 3 series.

thx

omegabenz
12-30-2003, 04:28 PM
I really want to get the haweka fender roller. I am under the impression that this is the brand that tirerack rents out, however their waiting list is quite long. About six months ago I asked my German tool supplier how much it would be fore one he said about 1200 dollars US, now with the euro vs dollar, I think it would be nearly 1300 dollars. I called tirerack and asked if I could buy a new Haweka fender roller and they said about 600 dollars. I was really confused, I was thinking that maybe that is how much the deposit is. Do any of you guys know?

I want to get the fender roller because most places charge what about $100 to roll your fenders, if you made sure to heat everything up good, and then use the roller, it would be highly unlikely that you would crack the paint.

I want to roll two cars, my brother two cars, my other brother 1 car, a few of my friends, that would nearly pay off the tool if they paid me 100 bucks to roll them.

What do you guys think?

J Irwan
12-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by omegabenz
I really want to get the haweka fender roller. I am under the impression that this is the brand that tirerack rents out, however their waiting list is quite long. About six months ago I asked my German tool supplier how much it would be fore one he said about 1200 dollars US, now with the euro vs dollar, I think it would be nearly 1300 dollars. I called tirerack and asked if I could buy a new Haweka fender roller and they said about 600 dollars. I was really confused, I was thinking that maybe that is how much the deposit is. Do any of you guys know?

I want to get the fender roller because most places charge what about $100 to roll your fenders, if you made sure to heat everything up good, and then use the roller, it would be highly unlikely that you would crack the paint.

I want to roll two cars, my brother two cars, my other brother 1 car, a few of my friends, that would nearly pay off the tool if they paid me 100 bucks to roll them.

What do you guys think?

Tire Rack used to have Haweka Fender roller...
I rented from tirerack about 8 years ago ... (as I needed to rolled my Bimmer, and I also did a lot of my friends E36's BMW as well).

This Haweka roller comes in wood crate and have heat-gun and instructional video with it.

From what I have been told, it's either some people decided to keep the tool or someone has abused it (I forgot which since this is a long time ago Tirerack rep told me)
They decided to fabricated one like that.

And I too have rented this version. This non-Haweka also works' out pretty good just like the original Haweka however they don't come with heatgun and video.

But if you have done (rolling fender) with this tool, it's pretty straight forward to use it.

At one point Tirerack sell this frabricated version for $500 roughly.
I am not sure if they sell them now, but I am pretty sure they still rent them out.

The genuine Haweka roller was very expensive compare to the Tirerack version.

Also if you do search via Google, there are other places that sell similar fender roller (non-Haweka).

If I am not mistaken Haweka no longer makes the fender roller a while back.

Regardz,

omegabenz
12-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Ill probably look into it a little more in the summer time. If I could get my hands on a Haweka and really look at it, I could probably fb something else for myself, similarly to what tirerack did.

714guy
12-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by qqbennyqq
hi how much is it to get fender rolled? at tws?

mine cost only 25 bucks a fender, and my cosuins cost the same and he's got big oh 19s and that dont rub anymore. :eek: :eek: , TWS is the shiiet, especially Pete real cool guy and does a great jobs.

714guy
12-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Luwin1026
Yeah, those methods usually do the trick. But for my rear, I had it rolled several times and Pete told me that it was all he can do, so I had to beg Pete to use the Haweka for a more involved process, and thankfully he obliged. :D

Yeah thats what he was telling me also that he only uses that thing on special cars that need to push the fender lip out.

nudymeyer6
12-31-2003, 08:36 AM
have any of you guys ever thought of doing some big dtm style fender flares so that you can get some big tires on there, front and back? i think that would be the shit!:cool: ya know like what mercedes does to there dtm cars. just my opinion.

omegabenz
12-31-2003, 11:30 AM
I spoke with vance (x314) at tirerack.com 888-541-1777 (USA)
6-8 months back order on the roller rental. He is not sure if it is Haweka or not. But they do sell a fender roller under a tirerack part number of #liprollertr for $495 he is going to email me a picture and I will try to post it for you.

I can get the German made haweka roller for about 1200 dollars.

www.haweka.com the site is in german, and I cant find a listing for the roller yet because I cant read what I am clicking on.

HAWEKA North America
11034 Bailey Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
USA
Phone: +1 (704) 896 75 35
Fax: +1 (704) 896 75 45
Toll Free: +1 (800) 242 66 87
www.hawekana.com
Info@hawekana.com

I am going to see about getting one directly.

solodough
11-22-2004, 10:05 PM
http://www.vakker.com/FENDERROLLER.jpg

anyone know what brand fender roller this is and/or if it works well?

it's available for rent at www.pure-motorsport.com for $50+$300 deposit

omegabenz
11-23-2004, 10:16 AM
The true manufacturer is listed in my previous post. There are copies out there as well. It is hard to tell who makes the one you posted.

Austin

SLAMMED_C
11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
I want to roll my fenders and slightly flare them a bit.. I decided against getting it done by someone at a shop, as it was going to cost me $75 canadian per fender, just to roll them. So Ive been lookin into fender rollers too, I saw one on Ebay, made by Eastwood company. havent seen any on there in a while, goin for $250 us. plus shipping.
but a real good price for a pretty nice lookin fender rolling tool.
Im going to buy one from them for sure when it comes back up on Ebay.

solodough
11-25-2004, 08:16 PM
so i guess somebody wanted em really bad:

http://www.vakker.com/offdahook.jpg