PDA

View Full Version : installing CD player II

714guy
01-02-2004, 03:10 PM
since the other thread sare locked, i had to start a new one sorry.

i just need to verify if this is correct. Elvir sent me a mailasking how to hook up the HI/LO converter, but his is different then the has Pnsji has it has 2 sets of the RCA female plug and 4 sets of wires(gray,white,purple and green)

HIS EMAIL

i just received my clarion CD player..im still waitingon the vw harness. What i want to know what did you do with all of your "Female RCA plugs"...because i have 8 of them on the cd player, and an additional 4 on the hi/lo converter..and theya re all "Female".. i have no clue what to do with them

ELvir

MY REPLY

you only use the female pluggs if your going to send the signal to an amp. In your case you will use the female plugs b/c your sending it to the bose amp. the way you hook them up is with RCA Cables. This is how your goin to do it.

JUST MAKING SURE YOUR HI/LO HAS 4 SETS OF WIRES RIGHT (WHITE,GREEN,GREY, AND PURPLE) AND MAYBE SOME GROUND WIRES. AND THEN ONLY 2 SETS OF FEMALE RCA ENDS RIGHT.

- On the VW harness there will be four sets of wires green, grey, white and purple.
- hook those wires up to the same color/&stripe wires on the hi/lo converter.
- the white and grey wires are for the front i think, hook up the front female RCA from the HU to the White an grey RCA on the hi/lo.
- the green and purple are the rear i think and then hook up the rear RCA from the HU to the green and purple RCA on the hi/lo.

- for the rest of the wires on the VW harness hook them up to the same color wires on the Clarion harness. The green, purple, white , and grey wires on the Clarion harness will be left alone, make sure none of those wires are exposed, put some electrical tape or butt end crimps to make sure.

this is why it works, you are sending the singal from you HU(a low singal) to the hi/lo which converts to the a high signal, which is then sent to the bose amp that can only read hi singals. Most aftermarket amps however rear low singals.

Now plug and play then adjust the gains on the hi/lo converter and make sure everything works before putting the HU in to the actually spot.

I am 99% that this is the way to go, i'll post it on club202 to get some reponse on it from the others.

Thanks.

C280 JR
01-04-2004, 06:05 PM
what a day....i went to the best buy to get the antena adapter, and guess what...this is funny.....my car is not even bose...so i wire it up without the hi/low converter

Elvir